Chapter 22

Sky's POV

"Let me do the talking," the new Phantom said. "Sure thing, boss." Trenton replied. I was confused. I thought Trenton was their boss. "Who are you?" I ask in fear when the Phantom approaches me. "You know who I am." The Phantom says, kneeling. I flinched a little. "I don't know you," I declared, shuddering. "Oh but you do, Skyler." The phantom said with a slight chuckle. "Nelson?" Mars asked. The phantom walked away to grab a stool. "Well, you haven't found all of us. Alex isn't here." Mars said.
"Oh, don't worry. He is." The phantom said, taking off his mask. It was Alex. "What?! How- How is that possible?!" I yelled. "Alex!" Sam yelled. "Alex? Oh, he can't hear you. It's only me now." Nelson replies with a chuckle. "First Ben, Matt and now Ben, Trenton, and Alex, what the hell Nelson?! Do you not notice how fricked up all of this is!" I yell with tears in my eyes. "Oh! I do know how bad this seems, but I don't care. Do you ever see me being scared of what was gonna happen if I did something? I had no care in the world," Nelson replies with a smile.
"So Alex picking these fights with everyone at the studio, those were all you?" Matt asks. "Yes. After our last encounter, I thought it better to fully take control of someone instead of letting them control themselves." Nelson said. "All of that mumbling you heard? That was me taking back control, after Alex took it away from me." Nelson continued.
"So, who knocked me out? Who knocked Matt out?" Mars asks. "Me." Nelson replies, with a smirk. "And this was all your plan? To kidnap me, lure the rest of the team here?" I ask. "Yes, it was. I knew all of you would come running if one of you were kidnapped." Nelson replies. "What about the emulator? It didn't just break on its own." Matt says. "Of course not. When you weren't looking, I destroyed it." Nelson declares. "Of course you did," I hear Matt mumble. "What was that? I didn't hear you there." Nelson asks, approaching Matthias. "I said of course you did." Matt says again, louder.
Nelson steps back. "What's the point of kidnapping one of us? Why not all of us?" Sam asks. "One's easy. All of you would come running to help. All of you on the other hand, would be just a hassle." Nelson replies. "And tracking you all seemed to help." Nelson reveals. "Tracking us?! For what purpose?!" Matt yells. "So I knew that none of you knew that it was me." Nelson continues.
"What about that dot at the studio on the RSD? Was that you, or serum in the vault?" Woods asks. "It was me. How else would I be in control right now?" Nelson replies. "What about Deb?" Sam asks. "I killed her. Isn't that obvious?" Nelson says with a sly smile. "Ben, are you even there anymore?" I ask with tears in my eyes. "No I'm not, I'm a puppet, just like your friend here," Ben and Alex say in unison. "Ben, untie them besides a few." Syphus orders, looking at Woods and Mars. Ben unties me, Sam, Matt and Bailey while grabbing a phone from his pocket. "Why do you have Alex's phone?" Sam stutters. "to gain access to some people, per say." Syphus says while typing a passcode into the phone. "To who?" Bailey questions. "That's none of your concern," Nelson says harshly.
"So what's your plan?" Sam questions. "My plan? My plan is to activate Project Absolute." Nelson says, getting off of the stool. "Project Absolute?" Mars wonders. "It's something we found under the server." Sam says. Nelson pulls out a necklace. It was the Absalate. "You took that from me? Why?" Matt questions. "In order to activate Project Absolute, it's the last piece I need." Nelson replies. "How long until you'll be at the location?" Syphus says into the phone. "Okay," Syphus replies to the unknown caller, who ends the call. Both Nelson and Ben silently walk away. "We need to get out of here, now!" I yell, standing up.
"Untie me. We have to stop him now," Mars demands as Bailey unties him while Matt unties Woods. "How are we going to track them?" Bailey questions. "They can't be far off, we'll follow their vehicle." Matt says.

Nelson's POV

We began driving to the Syntec Location where Project Absolute once resided, before everyone evacuated. My plan is still the same: infect the valley. Just in a different way. "Sir?" Benjamin asks. "Yes, Benjamin?" I ask, quite annoyed. "What's going to happen to the others?" Ben asks. "You mean their team, why would you worry about them? Is it because Skyler is there, do you miss it when she used to play with her action figures?" I ask, in a reassuring voice. Ben, who looks pissed off, "Yes, also when he used to play with his action figures." He states while crossing his arms and turning away.
After a while, we arrive at Syntec Location #13,  and head in. There were webs and dust everywhere, and the floor creaked everywhere we went. "Where is it?" Ben asked. "It's here, somewhere," I reply in an annoyed tone. After a few more minutes of searching I found Project Absolute. "Where is that button at?" I mumble to myself as I brush away years of dust build up. When I find the button, it says 'ACTIVATE'.