Chapter 27

Sky's POV

We're all sitting in the main lounge in Spellbound talking, having fun, I was on the phone with Ben telling him about what has happened these last few weeks when I hear a chime coming from the entrance "I gotta go Ben, love you," I reply into the phone "Love you too Sky, take care bud." He says hanging up the phone. I look up from my phone to see three people Sam, Matt, and a distressed looking Alex. "Oh hey guys, what's up?" I ask, scanning the three of them and pocketing my phone.
"Hey Sky, it was just a misunderstanding," Alex states, sitting down. "That's a relief," I say. "Where's Mars?" Alex asks. "Oh, they're in their office." I say. "Thanks," Alex says, getting up. After Alex leaves, Sam sits down. "There's something wrong with him," Sam comments. "What do you mean? You don't think he's still being controlled, do you?" Matt asks. "No, something happened back there, I'm sure of it. He's never this quiet." Sam says.

Alex's POV

I leave Blue Base in order to talk to Mars. Hopefully they'll talk to me. As I walk into Red Base, I head straight for Mars' office. I knock on their door. "Come in," Mars says.
"Oh, you're back already?" Mars asks.
"Yeah, I am. It was just a misunderstanding," I say.
"Was it really a misunderstanding, Alex?" Mars asks.
"What?" I question.
"You heard me Alex," Mars says, standing up.
"It was a misunderstanding, Mars." I say.
"Nowadays, I don't believe you." Mars says.
"Why?" I ask.
"Are you really asking that right now, Alex?" Mars asks.
"Yeah, I am. And I'm hoping you give me a damn answer," I say.
"BECAUSE OF WHAT YOU DID TO SAM! TO SKY! TO THE ENTIRE TEAM! DO YOU NOT GET IT?!" Mars yells.
"Of what I did? Really Mars? I was under the influence of the serum for a month! So whatever 'I' did, it wasn't me. It was HIM," I say, trying to stay calm.
"I just don't get it, how can Matt remember little bits and pieces of what happened in the seven months that he was under the influence, but you can't remember what happened in the span of one month, just one month Alex!" Mars states with their hands balled up into fists.
"I don't even know, for all we know HE could have uploaded my memories of what happened onto a drive and that's how, I don't know dude!" I say throwing my hands up in the air.
"I really doubt that, there's no way that he could have done that" Mars says walking closer to me.
"Why don't you trust me anymore? I didn't do ANYTHING in the past month! It was all Nelson!" I yell.
"You sure it was all him HUH! Or was it just you trying to start another fight with me?" Mars says inching closer to me.
"Mars, why would I do that? If it was like that, I wouldn't have given you my antidote," I say, trying to calm down the situation.
"Oh bullcrap Alex, you think I'm really gonna believe ONE SINGLE THING THAT YOU'VE SAID?!" Mars yells.
"At this point, I don't expect you to believe a word I say, Mars." I say calmly.
"USING THESE BULLCRAP EXCUSES ISN'T GONNA DO ANYTHING TO HELP THIS SITUATION," Mars yells, getting their hands on my shoulders.
"Let me go, Mars," I say.
"Hell no, you've made me so pissed off these past few days you're gonna feel what I'm feeling Alex," Mars says in the calmest way possible.
"And what are you feeling exactly?" I ask.
"Nothing but sheer anger and pain for what you have caused to everyone! So you're gonna feel the same pain," Mars replies with tears in his eyes, shoving me as hard as he can into a wall.
"Goddamn it Mars," I say, getting back up. I get closer to Mars.
"Oh so you wanna play that game, we can play that game" Mars says, grabbing Alex by the shirt and shoving him into a wall.
"Really, Alex?" Mars says, getting back up quickly.
"Yeah, really." I say.
Mars walks up to me, fists balled up and in the most casual way possible says "Goodnight Alex" and punches me in the face sending me flying to the floor.
I was still conscious. I get up and quickly leave Mars' office. I was bleeding.
I walk to Blue Base when my phone rings. It was an unknown caller.
"Hello?" I ask.
"Hello, is this Alex Fekete?" The unknown caller asks.
"Yes, who is this?"
"My name is Chloe DreWitt, and I would like to meet."