Chapter 16

Mars' POV

I look over at Sky, who's unconscious. I don't know what to say. The footage was threatening Sky, she saw her uncle as a Phantom again, and Matt's arguing with Alex again.
"Matt, I already told you, I had to make a quick decision, and you would've made the exact same call!" Alex argues.
"I would've at least spoken to the team first to get a collective answer!" Matt argues back.
I won't let my anger get the best of me, but I can't let them keep fighting. I stand up and push Matt and Alex away from each other.
"Guys, calm down! We need to help Sky, and figure out what's on the emulator!" I yell. Both Matt and Alex fall silent.
"I'm fine," I hear Sky call out. I help her up and walk her into the back area of Spellbound as I sit her down and get her a cup of water. I see her mumbling to herself with her head in her hands and her crying over Ben becoming a phantom again . "Sky, here," I say, making Sky slightly jump. "Thanks, I'm sorry that I passed out from another panic attack." I hear her say as she takes the cup of water away from me and takes a sip. "No Sky it's not your fault you just got threatened by a phantom no need to say sorry to me," I tell her as I put my hand on her shoulder as I hear the boys arguing again. "Sky, stay right here please," I yelled and ran to where the commotion was happening.

Alex's POV

"Matt, how long are we gonna argue about this?" I ask.
"You don't think this is your fault?! Alex, you started this chain of events! It's only gonna get worse from here!" Matt argues.
"If I didn't give the serum, we would've been in a lot worse of a situation right now! And how do you know it'll only get worse from here?!" I'm getting so pissed off at this point to where I want to break something. Maybe I can break the Mountaineer or I can... I was quickly snapped out of my thoughts by Matt shoving me and I heard a crunch. "What the hell do you think is gonna happen now that you gave the phantom, probably Sky's uncle, 3 more vials of serum huh? Not to mention they just got threatened saying what that she's next?" Matt yells angrily. "Matt! I know that Skyler got threatened okay, but that doesn't matter at this point why are we even arguing, most of this stuff happened in the past!" I yell back to Matt trying to get him to snap out of this anger that he has built in him when Mars had to interfere again between me and Matt.

Mars' POV

"Guys, Listen! We can't fight right now, we need to help Sky, and figure out the emulator crap!" I yell, splitting Matt and Alex up.
"Whose side are you on, Mars?" Alex asks angrily.
"Damn it, Alex, I'm not on anybody's side. I'm trying to get you guys to stop fighting for once!" I yell, thinking about punching something.
"Yeah, sure." Alex says, pushing my hand away and begins walking away, clearly pissed off.
"Is it just me or is Alex getting more pissed off the more you guys yell at each other? Like, I know he has a short temper but damn." I ask, walking up to Matt.
"Yeah he's way too hot headed I don't know what his deal is." Matt replies, looking outside of Megadesk.
"Wanna grab the emulator?" I ask Matt.
"Sure, I guess." Matt said, walking up to Megadesk. "I left it right on the desk, right?" Matt questions, not seeing the emulator anywhere.
"Yeah, you did." I reply, wondering where the emulator went when I realize something.
"Wait, Matt. It's on the floor." I say, pointing down.
"Yeah, yeah you're right." Matt replies. "Damn it." I hear Matt mumble.
"What happened, Matt?"  I question.
"It's broken. The emulator's broken." Matt said, picking up the emulator.
"Did he..." I begin to ask.
"No, Alex wouldn't do that. He's pretty mad with me, sure, but he wouldn't break the emulator." Matt replies.
"Guys?" I hear Alex call. We all rush outside, and up the stairs to see what happened and when we get into the safe we see a box with the name 'Nelson Syphus' written on it and everything is... gone from it "did someone break in while y'all were fighting ?" I ask while looking at Matt and Alex.
"There's no way somebody could've broken in while we're all here, but it makes sense why all the evidence is gone." Alex replies.
"How?" Matt asks.
"Remember the first encounter I had with a Phantom? He wanted info on Nelson Syphus. I refused, so he might've broken in and stole-" Alex says but he couldn't finish his statement. The vault door closed behind us!
"No, no, no, no, no!" Matt yells as he runs to the front of the vault in hopes of opening the door.
"Damn it!" Woods yells.
"We're locked inside?!" Bailey asks.
"Yeah, we are. Someone broke in." Alex replies.
I don't know what to do. I feel the need to punch something, so I punch the inner wall. Everyone flinches, but I don't care.
"Mars, I think we know how to get out." Alex says, smiling. "Here, we can kick this wall out. It's drywall, right Matt?" Alex asks.
"Yeah. We haven't replaced it yet." Matt replies.
"Okay. Let's go, Mars." Alex says. He begins kicking in the wall, and I follow.
"Almost... There..." Alex says, because we can see outside of the vault. Once we have a size big enough to get through, Alex runs out first.
"Alex!" I yell, racing to catch up to him.

Alex's POV

I ran out of the vault, in hopes of catching the Phantom that broke in. I hear running behind me, but ignore it. I see the Phantom. I caught him dead in his tracks. He was the one with fully red goggles. My vision turns red again.
"Hello, Alex." The Phantom says.
"Who are you?" I ask, trying to stay calm. Mars finally catches up from behind me.
"You know me." The Phantom replies. Mars stares at me. I stare back, confused.
"Listen man, I don't know who you are, but you should give us that evidence back." I ask calmly.
"Oh, this?" He pulls out a stack of papers. "Not gonna happen." The Phantom says. I keep my anger at bay, and I can tell that Mars is trying to do the same.
Mars runs to try and fight the Phantom. The Phantom just pushes them aside.
"Damn it," I say to myself quietly.
"Now, now, now. Give me the rest of your evidence, or your team gets torn apart, just like I threatened a couple of weeks ago." The Phantom threatens.
"I'm not giving you anything, you understand? Nothing." I say while the rest of the team catches up to Mars and I.
The Phantom grunts and turns to leave. I run over to Mars to make sure they're okay, and they are.
"What happened?" Matt asks.
"I caught him, the one who threatened Sky, but he got away. Mars tried to attack him but they got knocked out." I replied.
"Okay, we need to get him to a hospital." Matt says.
"I'm fine." Mars replies, getting up. Woods rushes over to hug them.
"We need to find that goddamn Phantom." Woods says, angrily.