Chapter 4

I wake up after I don't even know how long with a blazing headache. I hear talking and footsteps coming closer as I begin to gain consciousness.
"Sky, you okay," a voice asks. I look around to see Matt, Sam, Woods, Bailey, and someone that I've never seen before standing next to me.
"Who is that?" I ask, pointing to the person in a black sweater
"oh that's Mars, they started working here a few days ago" Matt responded. The person waved. I stand up having sam and bailey help me up. Woods is holding the gauges to my head so I can shake Mars's hand.
"Welcome to the team dude, sorry that this is how we first met" I chuckled. Mars gave me an empathetic look.
"oh no worries, I saw what happened and helped Matt and Woods carry you in," they said smiling and sitting in an open chair. I turn to matt
"What happened after I fell," I asked, trying to get caught up on what exactly happened.
"Well, Deb called again and I just told her that you passed out. That's all that I told her. I figured you wouldn't want me to tell her the rest." Matt says, handing me an ice pack. I start getting dizzy again so sam and Bailey sit me back down on the couch.
"Why would she even care about me? She legit just told me a crucial piece of something and then wants to know how I'm doing afterward, what the hell? " I say laying my head back.
"From what I've seen, which is only through videos, she doesn't communicate well, and is kinda using you guys," Mars says looking around the base. They must still be getting used to the place because they seem really nervous. They get their phone out and start looking through something.
"Hey kid, whatcha looking at?" Woods asks from behind me.
"I've been taking notes on the videos, anything important. I've been doing this since Hi5 days so I figured I'd look to see if anything matches up, which it doesn't," they say, not looking up from their phone.
    "So what now?" I asked lifting my head.
"Well, you are gonna keep resting for a little bit so we know you are okay," Matt says, bringing me water. The rest of the group nod and I see Mars taking notes out of the corner of my eye.
"Hey kid, you alright?" I ask, looking at them. They seemed surprised by this question.
    "Oh, yeah I'm fine, just writing down what I was told happened, I wanna have it on record in case we need it in an emergency," they say, putting their phone down and standing up.
"Sam and Bailey, can you two keep a watch on Sky, I wanna take these two and talk about some stuff pertaining to the project," Matt says standing up. The girls nod and sit down next to me. Matt waves to Woods and Mars and the three of them leave for Matt's office.

Mars POV

Matt calls Woods and me into his office. I'm kinda nervous but if he's calling Woods in with me I'm probably not getting fired. Right? We get to his office and we sit down, I start fidgeting with my shirt, this is my first actual job and I love it so far, I hope isn't gonna let me go.
"Matt, are you sure now is a good time?" Woods whispers to Matt, thinking I don't hear it.
"Woods, I know you care about them, but if they're gonna be working here they need to know," Matt responds.
"I need to know what?" I interject, looking at the two confused. Woods looked scared to tell me. I've never seen Woods scared in my 17 years of life, but today is the day.
"Mars, we are so happy you joined Spellbound, you bring a lot of relief to our troubles," Matt says. Oh no, I am getting fired, aren't I?
"But, we think it is time to tell you something. When we found the files on the three of us, we also found 3 others. I believe you know where I'm going with this," Matt says, looking at Woods then at me.
"It was Bailey, Sky, and I, wasn't it," I ask, looking down. Matt and Woods nodded their heads to confirm.
"So, I'm also somehow connected, is that why you were nervous about me starting here, Woods?" I ask, looking to him for confirmation.
"Yea, I didn't want to drag you or any of our family into this, so I tried to keep you away, but that internship came up and I knew you would want it," he said, looking worried and ashamed. I reach over to rub his shoulder, that's what he does when I'm upset.
"It's not your fault, Woods, I guess I was destined to be here, and you can't stop fate," I say.
"All of you are here for a reason, you all have something to do with the project, but I fear that you and Sky play a bigger role," Matt expressed, pulling out his phone.
"I have pictures of the files we found, Sky and yours were highlighted and had more notes than all of us, I think Deb knows more than she is telling us, especially about you two," Matt says showing us the pictures. Woods looked over at me and sighed when he saw I wasn't scared.
"Well then, I guess a little adventure doesn't hurt, well, maybe this one will. But I have all of you, so I'll be fine," I say smiling, but on the inside, I was freaking out.