Chapter 6

Alex's POV

After finishing my film class for the day, I hear my phone ring. It was Samantha, my older sister.
"Hey, Sam!" I say, not hearing from my sister in a few months.
"Hey Alex," Sam says, sounding both sad and scared at the same time.
"What's wrong?" I say, knowing that tone.
"You know how I'm caught up in all of this Project 863 nonsense?" She says.    "Yeah, why?" I say, sounding confused.
"You know the file they had on me, predicting my birth?"
"Yeah, what's up with it?" I ask, sounding more concerned than confused.
"They have a file on you, too. We just found it about an hour ago." She says, sounding even more scared.
"What?" I say, still not believing what I just heard.
"Do you have a chance to head over to Spellbound?" She asks.
"Of course, I'll be there in an hour." I say.
"See you there." She says, hanging up the phone. I start walking over to my car.

Sky's POV

Sam heads back into the room.
"Alright guys, he's on the way." She said, sitting down.
"That's good," I say.
"Does he know everything?" Matt asks, looking at Sam.
"I told him a brief explanation of it, yes," Sam says. We waited for a little, and then Matt got a notification of motion at the front door.
"He's here," Matt says, as we all get up to greet Alex.
"Hey, Alex!" Sam says, running up to hug him.
"Okay, don't break my back," Alex chuckled.
"Sorry," Sam says. The group leads Alex to the meeting room so we can explain in further detail what exactly is going on. Sam had Mars and I sat next to him since we also experienced the same thing he is now. I experienced it first so I have had the most time to deal with this. Mars and Alex both just found out today, so it's good they have an explanation together.
"Hey, Matt, could I borrow your phone? I need to tell Deb what we found," I said, standing up and walking up to Matt so I could take his phone.
"Of course," Matt says and gives me his phone. I dial her number into Matt's phone as I pace around the studio hearing the phone ring with every second. When she answers, I put her on speaker
"Hey Deb, we went to the location that you said. Why was there a file on Sam's brother?" I ask eagerly yet annoyed waiting for any kind of answer.
"Well, you have your answer. You are my 'Project,' my last hope of keeping everything together," she says in her cryptic voice. What the hell I think to myself as I feel a tap on my shoulder, it's Mars, I mute the call.
"What's up Mars?" I ask, giving them a confused look at why they looked so nervous.
"I hate to ask this, but can you ask her what our subject numbers are?" they ask. I think in my head what he means by that when I remember Matt telling me when I started working here that he, Sam, and Woods are subjects 1, 2, and 3.
"Sure I guess," I unmute the call. "Deb, what are our subject numbers?"
"Well, as you know, Matt is subject 1, Sam is 2, Woods is 3, and your audience is 4. Bailey is 5 but can also be the personification of subject 4, you are 6, Mars is 7, and Alex is 8," She tells me, writing more down, sounding mad I had to ask. I hung up, just baffled by what she said. I walk back to the main area where everyone is waiting.
"Hey Matt," I ask worried
"What's up Sky?" he asked, looking worried.
"Can I go and grab all of our 'subject' files? I need some answers for what Deb just told me." I told him, explaining a bit about what she told me.
"Of course, do you want Mars and Alex to go with you?" he asks and looks over to the two. They aren't paying attention though, Mars and Alex are talking to Woods and Sam. Mars and Woods seem to be bickering about something.
"Sure, I feel like they would wanna see their files as well," I said looking over at them with Matt. Matt gets up and we walk over to the group.
"Woods, for the last time, I wanna help, it's no one else's fault but hers that I'm here, but I am, so I'm sticking around," Mars expresses to Woods, obviously annoyed at his overprotectiveness.
"Mars, I don't want you to get hurt, I would never live with myself if you do, plus, you are in so much more danger than the three of us are, and I know you if anything happens you're gonna jump in the front and get yourself killed," he argues back.
"Exactly, I'd rather get myself killed protecting you or anyone here than watch you guys get hurt," Mars says, getting a bit louder. I've never heard them so loud, they're normally the quiet type.
"That's not your job, Mars. You are a child, I'm supposed to be protecting you, not the other way around," he starts getting louder as well.
"Woods stop trying to protect me, I'm my own person and if that means helping you, I will do it," they yell, standing up. "you're acting just like dad," they yell and storm off, leaving Woods by himself. We all look at him in shock. Alex and I look at each other and decide to go after Mars. The last thing we hear before we get outside is Woods saying "What have I done?"