Chapter 29

Matt's POV

Looking out the window, I see a phantom step out of the car. "Now what?" I ask after Alex and Mars stop arguing. "Well we have two options: either one of us walks out there and sees what Nelson wants, or we arm ourselves with bats or anything and see what he does," I hear Sam say next to me with a heavy sigh and walks away from the window. "Okay guys come on." I say calling for the rest of the team as I collect bats and anything that we could use and hit Nelson with. "Who here can swing bats well?" I ask holding up 5 bats ranging in size and color, I see Nate, Woods, Mars and Alex hold up their hands. I hand one to each of them. We all head back over to where Nelson parked his car and he was gone. "Where the hell is he?" Alex said, approaching the glass, trying to find any sign of Nelson. "Keep your guard up, he's proba-" Woods didn't finish his sentence. I quickly turn and feel a strong blow across my face.

Alex's POV

I wake up to see my hands tied and the rest of the team still knocked out. Everyone but Sam. I look up to see Ben, Trenton, and Nelson standing up, bats in their hands. I try to get up but quickly get punched in the gut by Trenton. "I would stay down if I were you." Trenton simply said. "Yeah, no, I got the memo," I said, sliding down in pain.
"Hello, Alex." Nelson said, approaching me.
"Where is she? Where the hell is she?!" I yell, waking the rest of the team up slowly.
"She's safe, for now. And she will continue to be." Nelson simply said, kneeling down.
"I'm gonna kill you." I say.
"Really? Because last I checked, you're the one tied up." Nelson said with a smile. He was still in the body of Gary Reynolds.
"What happened?" Woods asked.
"He took Sam." I said, rage brewing inside of me.
"Y'know, I told you at the station that there'd be consequences if you told anyone about me." Nelson said.
"Listen, what do you want?" Bailey asked.
"What do I want? I just wanted to teach Alex here a lesson." Nelson said.
"You threatened Woods!" Mars shot up.
I got up quickly to push them down but got punched again for it.
"Yes. I did. And yet you're angry at Alex for it." Nelson said.
Mars was speechless. I could tell they were sorry when they looked at me.
"And up you go." Nelson said as Trenton lifted me up.
"Get your hands off of me!" I yelled as he punched me again.
I followed Nelson into the warehouse.

Nate's POV

As I sit there thinking of a way out of this hell hole, Trenton walks up to me and grabs my chin making me look up at him. "My pretty Skyler, I've missed you very much. I've missed the times where we used to go on rollercoasters and eat at fast food restaurants while watching the sunset, don't you wish you could relive those moments?" He asks as a smirk paints his face, I without thinking give him a harsh kick to his knee. "First off get your hands off of me, second off no I don't wish to relive those moments because they were all hell to me!" I yell balling up my fists. "Calm down darling, don't get worked up over something so small," he replies "No, don't tell me to calm down! You made my life a living hell for 6 years Trenton! For 6 years I had to do whatever you told me to do! I'm not a servant of yours Trenton, I'm a human being who deserves to be treated how a normal human deserves to be." I yell, slowly crying.

Alex's POV

We arrive at the warehouse. Nelson turns to me and quickly throws me against the wall, making items fall.
"What do you want?" I ask.
"To tell you something. And if you tell the team about this little 'encounter' of ours, I will kill Sam. Do you understand me?"
I simply nod.
"Good." Nelson says.
"I'm going to activate the Spire. And there's nothing you can do about it." Nelson says.
"I thought you already did, as me?" I question.
"No, that wasn't the real one. It was a ploy." Nelson says.
"Where is Sam?" I demand.
Nelson doesn't say anything and pushes me forward and makes me walk back to the rest of the team. As soon as we arrive there, he knocks me down.
"We're leaving." Nelson said and Ben and Trenton nodded, following him.
I groan, trying to get back on my feet. Now what?