Chapter 9

Sam's POV

My heart is racing. I just stand in the middle of my living room, in shock at what I heard, until I hear a car pull up to my apartment. I look out my window to see the red glow from a phantom's goggles stepping out of the parked car, but something different with this phantom. Its goggles have spiraled eyes. I lock my door not knowing what to expect when I hear the smashing of my front door from the outside. He grabs me and places one of his hands on my mouth as he applies goggles to my head that light up when I hear a familiar voice.
"They don't care about you. Join me." The voice says.
"You're lying," I say, in a muffled voice, so the mysterious phantom lets his hand off of my mouth. I hear a button being pressed on the goggles and inhale serum. It's getting hard to breathe. The unknown phantom puts a mask on so I can breathe.

Alex's POV

I feel an aching pain in my left ribs, they're most likely fractured. Matt told me that he called everyone and they were on their way, so I won't be alone. I pick up my phone again in hopes of reaching Sam if Nelson hasn't gotten to her first. I dial her number, in hopes that she picks up.
"Pick up, pick up," I say, one hand on the phone, the other on the wheel. She didn't pick up. It took me a couple of minutes to get to her apartment, but I finally did only to see another car parked there that isn't Sam's. I quickly rush into the apartment, ignoring all the pain I'm feeling to save my sister. I see the door to her apartment open, and I rush in, only to see Syphus and Sam both had masks on.
"What did you do, Nelson? What did you fucking do?!" I say.
"Nothing." The phantom speaks.
"You obviously did something, what did you do to my sister?" I ask in an angered voice.
"Nothing." The phantom says again.
"Tell me what you did to Sam. What happened to her?!" I ask, in an, even more, angered voice.
"Nothing. I'm just a puppet, like your sister here." They both say at the same time. I couldn't believe it. She inhaled the serum. I didn't have any sort of antidote, so I couldn't cure Sam. When the phantom starts to walk out of the door, I push him, and he just pushed me into a dresser, causing me even more pain in my body. The rest of the team got here a few minutes after both Sam and the phantom left.

Sky's POV

We get to Sam's place and we see her door smashed to bits and see Alex on the floor
"Guys Sam's a phantom now, I couldn't stop her" I hear Alex say while groaning in pain.
"Alex you're bleeding, don't move," I say rushing over to him. "Matt, give me your car keys. I need to get the medical kit from your car!" I shout as I hold out my hand to get his car key.
"Alex, stay here I will be right back," as I run down to Matt's car and grab the supplies and make my way back to Sam's apartment.
"So Alex what happened when you got here after I presume that was Syphus breaking her door down?" I ask high on adrenaline as I wrap his stomach with gauze.  "She had these goggles on, but they were spiral ones and my brain almost started to twist them and I got super dizzy." I hear Alex say short of breath clearly feeling the pain of the gauze against his stomach
"Alex, I don't believe you, Sam wouldn't do that." I hear Matt say from behind me. "She has security cameras grab her phone to check them," Alex told Matt. Matt went into Sam's apartment and there her phone was.
"Guys, her phone is still here," I hear Matt say from afar.
"Pull up her security camera app. It should be 'Nest'." Alex groans. I hear Matt scoff. I pull up the app, and it shows Sam inhaling serum, becoming a phantom.
"He's right," I say, getting up and handing the phone to Matt.
"But, why would she do this?" Matt asks, clearly confused. I hear two cars pull up, and it's Mars, Woods, and Bailey.   
"It wasn't her choice," Alex said sternly "he did this to her."