Chapter 3

Over the next couple of days, the guys and I decided we should take a break for a week. It was important our mental health was alright and after the past couple of days, all of us are swamped. I decided to spend some of those days with Ben, I wanted to catch up with him and tell him everything that happened in my life, so that's what I did. Every day at lunch break Ben and I would go get food and catch up. Some days Matt would have Ben come to the office for lunch and explain what has been going on with our Syntec issues. Ben has been very helpful in our journey so far, he has been able to give us some helpful tips and an idea of how Syntec was. Sadly, he couldn't remember much though, the mind control did a number on his memory, but I'm glad he remembered me. I think it's time that the team finally knows what the hell went down that day only Matt and I know.
"Good morning guys!" I say as I walk through the company's doors. I'm greeted by sam, woods, and bailey working in the main entrance room, they all run up to me going into a group hug
"Whoa, guys! What is this for?" I ask, hugging the three of them back.
"We're happy you are back Sky! Can you tell us what happened the other day? Matt doesn't wanna tell us," Sam tells me, she spoke pretty fast so I knew she was excited.
"I will soon, just give me a few moments, is Matt in the office by chance?" I ask, stepping away from the group hug and looking around.
"Yeah, I think he's in blue working on a "mega desk." What is that? No clue, but it's Matt," Bailey replies.
"Oh god, I'll be back with Matt and some news okay?" I say grabbing my keycard. The three of them nod and sit down.
"We'll be here, you better tell us when you get back," Woods says pointing at me.
"I will, I just need to talk to Matt," I say laughing and walking out the door to walk to the blue base.

When I get to blue base Matt awaits me
"How are you doing, sky?" Matt asks when he sees me.
"Hey Matt, I'm alright. Can I borrow your phone? I need to tell Deb and the group about our discovery at the same time" I ask motioning for his phone that's on the unbuild desk.
"Sure, here ya go" Matt tosses his phone to me
"Let's go, the group is super eager to know what happened," I say dialing her number into Matts's phone. We get to red base when Deb finally answers.
"Hello? Are you there?" she asks, sounding a bit panicked. God that voice never gets too old of hearing. The group shoots up as they hear Matt and me entire the base.
"Hello deb, I know that all of you have been waiting for me to tell you what happened, so I figured I could tell you all at once," I say, standing in front of the group. Sam, Woods, and Bailey look at me, not knowing if I'm actually speaking to Deb
"Would you mind if I put you on speaker? They don't believe that I'm actually talking to you and it would be easier for me to talk," I ask, not expecting her to agree
"Sure just tell them to not freak out when they hear me," she said reluctantly.
"You got it, Deb," I say as I click the speaker button on Matts's phone. Soon I hear Sam, Woods, and Bailey bickering for any kind of answer that comes through the damn phone.
"You there Deb?" i ask, she was silent for a while.
"Yes I am, I am sorry I had to check some emails" Deb quickly replies.
"Okay, so both you and my team know how Syphus was a bad guy and kept all of this serum right?" I ask and everyone shook their heads in agreement.
"Yes, so what does this have to do with you," Deb asks angered by my stalling. I could tell she wanted to leave as soon as possible, who knows whose after her.
"So B27 or Ben is my uncle. He went missing over 15 years ago and apparently Syphus caused him to disappear, probably due to the serum," I look around to see everyone staring at me in shock and disbelief when Matt chimes in. "Guys, Skys isn't lying. I've met with Ben for the better part of a week," as I hear loud typing coming from the computer
"Deb, do you even care about what's going on right now?" I ask in an annoyed tone
"I do care for what's going on, and I apologize, I just need to do something for someone," Deb responded, clearly focused on something else.
"I'm gonna go outside for a couple of seconds, I want to talk to Deb privately," I say picking the phone up. The group nods and I head outside.
"What kind of stuff are you doing that doesn't involve what's happening to me, and why does it seems like when I'm talking about Ben your typing everything I'm saying?" I yelled, I couldn't keep my cool for long, she is annoying me with all this cryptic stuff. There's a long pause, she wasn't answering. As I wait for a response I hear the door open, I turn around to see all the rest of the group waiting for an answer, looking just as annoyed as I.
"Okay if you want an answer then here you go, I'm keeping tabs on all of you. As you have found, I have been for a while. But I can't lose this project, there have been way too many failed trials," As soon as I hear this I just hang up the phone and give it back to Matt, it was more aggressive than I would have liked it to be. "what the hell is wrong with her!" I yell, pacing the sidewalk. As I keep walking I start thinking. These thoughts lead to hyperventilating. Soon enough I realize I'm having a panic attack. I had no idea what to do. The world was spinning and all I could hear was Matt yelling my name. I look over at him and fall, passing out. The last thing I remember was Sam and Bailey rushing inside to get medical supplies and being carried inside.