Chapter 28

Nate's POV

"So does anyone have any clue where Alex went?" I ask looking at everyone, who all shrug in response then the Blue Base door swings open to see a limping, bleeding and beat up Alex. "Bro what the hell happened?!" I ask while running up to him everyone follows in sync. "Nothing, I just tripped going up the stairs and bumped my head," Alex replies. "Uh okay, Sam and Woods help him onto the couch, Matt and Bailey get me the first-aid kit please?" I ask pointing in different directions "Got it" everyone replies going to do what they need to do.
"I got a call though," Alex says, sitting down. "From who?" Woods asks. "Chloe DreWitt. Have you heard of her?" Alex asks. "Yeah, we have." Woods replies. "She wants to meet, like an interview." Alex says. "Are we going through with it?" I ask. "I guess like what's the wor-" Alex starts to say before I cut him off. "First off don't jinx it, second, this is gonna hurt," I say as I start sewing Alex's gash and a wince of pain comes through his lips.

Alex's POV

That hurt. A lot. At least they know how to stitch. "Where's Mars?" Sam asks. "They're probably still in their office," I say. "You haven't talked to Mars yet? I thought you were going to talk to them," Woods says. "I uh, I was but, this happened," I say, pointing to my injury. "So, should I call Chloe?" I ask the team, changing the subject. "I mean yeah, she said she wanted to meet so we should meet her, maybe she can tell us some information." Matt replies. "Alright then." I say, pulling my phone out of my pocket. "Wait, should Mars be here?" Woods asked. "He's probably working right now, I wouldn't disturb him." I said. Woods simply nodded. I dialed the number in and the phone began ringing. It felt like forever until someone picked up.
"Hello?" I ask into the phone.
"Hello, Alex." An unknown voice spoke into the phone. It wasn't Chloe, that's for sure. Then, it suddenly clicked with me. It was Gary from the station. Except it wasn't.
"Where is she, Nelson?" I asked into the phone. Everyone looked at me with a shocked expression.  
"Well well, not bad Alex." Nelson replied.
"Where. Is. She?" I demanded.
"Dead." Nelson simply said.
"Why? What did she even do?" I asked.
"She was an obstacle. You know what I do to obstacles. I push them out of the way." Nelson replied. I could tell he was smiling.
"So, was Deb an obstacle, too? Did you use me to get to her?!" I yelled. I looked down at the phone, but I could tell the team was even more shocked.
"I'll be seeing you, Alex." Nelson said as he hung up the phone.
I threw my head in my hands. I slipped up. Now, who knows what Nelson could do.

Mars' POV

I leave my work and head back to Blue Base. I see Alex, and the rest of the team. I'm still pissed at him. But I want to see what's going on so I'm going to keep my anger at bay. For now.
"What's going on?" I say as I walk into Blue Base.
"We know why Alex got arrested now." Woods says.
"What's the reason?" I ask.
"He killed Deb, when Nelson was controlling him. Nelson tried to frame him for the murder." Matt responds.
"Of course." I say.
"What?" Alex says, standing up.
"You aren't telling us everything, Alex." I say, my anger getting the better of me.
"Because he was threatening Sam! I want to protect the people I love!" Alex yells.
"And put the rest of us at risk?!" I yell, inching closer to Alex.
"Do you really wanna do this again?" Alex says.
"Yeah, yeah I do. You threatened Woods, you hurt Sam, Sky, every single one of us!" I yell, my hands now on Alex.
"I was under control for a goddamn month! What part of that do you not understand?!" Alex yells back.
"Maybe you still are." I say, backing up.
"Seriously? You seriously think that?" Alex says, in disbelief.
I rush towards him and punch him in the face. Woods gets between us, but I push him away. I punch Alex again, and again, until he punches me back.
"Are you done?" Alex says, getting up.
"Am I done?" I say.
"Yeah, are you done?" Alex says, blood streaming down his nose as he holds it.
Suddenly, a vehicle pulls up to the studio. "Who the hell is that?" I question. "Is it one of your phantom friends, Alex?" I say.
"Are you kidding me?" Alex replies.
"No." I replied back.
The car door opens, and a phantom emerges.
"It's him." Alex says.
"Who?" Bailey questions.
"Nelson."