Chapter 26

Alex's POV

"So, Gary, why am I here?" I ask.
"You know why you're here, Alex." Gary responds.
"No, I don't." I respond.
"Really? You just killed someone." Gary says.
"What?" I question,
"You have no memory of it?" Gary says, staring at me. It felt like he was staring into my soul.
"Of what? Can you just tell me?" I asked.
"You killed Deborah. I don't think I need to elaborate." Gary responded.
I was too stunned to speak. I killed Deb? Is that why we haven't heard from her? There's no way I killed her. It must've been Syphus.
"That wasn't me," I stated.
"Oh really? This security footage seems to prove otherwise." Gary states, turning on the tv. It was me, walking inside of what seemed to be Deborah's apartment. It looked like I had a lantern. What did that thing do? A couple minutes later, I was seen walking out of Deb's apartment, with little blood on my face.
"Listen, that wasn't, that wasn't me, okay?" I stated nervously.
"Then who was it? Last week I was trying to activate the S-" Gary stopped before he finished.
"Nelson."
"It seems that I've slipped up." Nelson says.
"So what? You're trying to frame me?" I asked.
"Only so I could get my revenge." Nelson stated.
"Your revenge was putting me in prison for the rest of my life?! I already was for a month! When you took control of me!" I yelled, standing up.
"Careful where you tread, Alex." Nelson said in a menacing tone.
"Or what? You're gonna kill me like you killed Deb?" I said furiously.
"I may, or I may pay Samantha a visit," Nelson said.
"You leave her out of this." I said.
"Or what? Are you gonna fight me like Mars did?" Nelson asked with a smirk.
"What?" I ask, confused about what Syphus meant.
"Seems like your so-called 'friends' are keeping secrets from you, Alex." Nelson said. I wanted to punch that smile right off his face.
"Shut up," I say, not wanting to hear another lie Nelson said.
"Why am I here, Nelson? Why me?" I ask.
"I believe that everything happens for a reason," Nelson says, sitting down.
"Yeah, you keep telling yourself that crap," I say.
"Now you're gonna go to your team and tell them this was just a misunderstanding." Nelson says while standing behind me removing the cold metal cuffs.
"What if I don't?" I ask.
"Like I said earlier I will pay Samantha a visit and it won't be pretty" Nelson says, teasing me with the fact he may hurt my sister.
"Whatever you say, Nelson." I say as I open the door outside of the interrogation room.  

Outside of the station, I see a payphone. I rush over and dial in Matt's number, in hopes that he picks up. "Hey Alex. You out?" He asks. "Yeah, I am. I'll explain everything on the way back," I respond. "Okay, we'll be there shortly." Matt said, hanging up the phone.
A few minutes later, the team was there. I was debating whether to tell them about Syphus, but I decided not to. Better to not endanger Sam. "So, what was it?" Sam asks. "It was a big misunderstanding, I looked like another suspect. I'm fine," I said, shutting my door.
"Thank goodness," Sam said. "Sam, I'm okay," I said, reassuring her. "Let's just get back to the studio," I say to Matt. He nods and we start to head back.