Chapter 18

Alex's POV

"Where's Sam?" Matt asks. "I don't know. I'm getting worried for her, she hasn't replied to any of my texts." I replied. "That's odd, well me and Mars just planned for the stakeout, wanna wait for Sam to get here?" Matt suggests checking the time on his watch. "Yeah, I'll wait for Sam, I was stuck in traffic for 10 minutes before I got here so it's probably the same for her." I say while sitting on the couch and opening my computer. "Okay well, I guess we'll wait for a few minutes," Matt says walking his way to Megadesk to film and shutting the door, as I start working on some things my vision goes red again but it makes me sick to my stomach. As I get up I walk to Matt's office where he's filming a Reddit video for 'Subject 4' and going through some fan-art of us, memes and theories. I knock on his door. "You can come in!" Matt replies "Alex, you okay? You're looking really pale." Matt says as he rushes up to me "I'm fine just not feeling well, can I go home? I think I have a stomach bug, and I don't want y'all to get sick." I say holding my stomach to try and stop the feeling of puking and gagging. "Yeah, just clock out and grab your stuff, I'll tell Mars to change the plans for the stakeout." Matt says. "Thank you, Matt" I say, grabbing my computer, car keys and clocking out for the day.

Mars' POV

I'm in my office, jotting down notes for the impending stakeout when Matt knocks on my door. "Can I come in?" He asks. "Yes you can," I replied.
"Hey, I just wanted to let you know that Alex clocked out, he wasn't feeling good, should we change any positions for the stakeout?" Matt asks. "No, I don't think so, has Sam come in?" I ask.
Both of us hear the door open. "I think we have our answer," Matt says, with a slight chuckle. I show a quick smile.
"Hey guys, sorry that I'm late, traffic wants to be hell today, where's Alex?" Sam asks, walking towards the camera room. "He went home early, he had a stomach bug," Matt replies. "Oh, okay. Are we still up for the stakeout?" Sam asks fiddling with the camera rig. "Yeah!" I say. "Okay, snacks?" Sam asks. Matthias and I both smile, and agree. "Did I hear the word snacks?" Sky says, rolling out of their office on their rolly chair. "Mhm, you heard correctly, wanna head to Target with us?" Sam asks, peeking around me and Matt and pointing the camera at Sky "What do you think my answer is gonna be... HELL YES I WANNA GO, let me grab my wallet!" They scream and roll into their office and come out with a backpack and a wallet in hand. "Are you ready to go Sky?" "mhm, Woods wanna come with us?" Sky asks Woods who came out of his office "sure I need new gloves anyway,let's go" Woods declares coffee in hand.

On The Way To Target

Sky's POV

"Okay so Woods needs gloves, and we need snacks?" I ask, looking at everyone in Matt's car and writing a list down. "Maybe while we're at Target we can get food for each other to try while we wait for nightfall?" Matt asks while looking in his rearview mirror to back into a parking spot. "That'd be a good idea!" Bailey replies. Once Matt parks, we all get out of the car. "One snack each, we'll leave one for Alex to try when he comes back tomorrow, okay?" Matt says. "Alright, let's go!" I replied. "Wait one second, it's the drink holder," Woods replies while waving his hands in a magician like fashion, he placed his drink on the trashcan where several other empty looking cans have been placed. "Woods no don't do that, don't leave it there!" Matt declares to Woods as he walks away, Sam zooms on the trash can where Woods left his drink as I just start to laugh like crazy. "Woods, come on dude someone may take your drink and put something in it!" I look at Woods who's doubled over laughing like crazy, he grabs his drink and walks into Target.
"Okay, everyone go to the snack aisle and pick different snacks!" Matt says. We all rush over to the snacks aisle and begin picking some of our favorite snacks.

Back at Spellbound

Mars' POV

Once we arrive back at the studio, we toss the two bags of snacks that we purchased at Target and sit down. "Who's gonna go first?" I ask. Suddenly, the power went out. "Matt?" Sky said. "That's odd. I'm gonna go check the power supply panel." Matt said, getting up. "I'll go with you." I declare. "Me too," Sky says. Matt nods and we begin walking to the panel.
Once we reach the panel, it looks completely busted. "How is this possible?" Matt asks. "It was done by someone. You see these dents? They were made by a bat." I say. "Wait, so someone's in here wi-" Sky didn't get to finish her sentence. Me and Matt were attacked from behind, and everything turned black.

Sky's POV

"So someone's in here wi-" I ask when I feel a tap on my shoulder. "Why hello Skyler, I've missed you so very much." The familiar voice whispers to me. "Trenton! What the hell are you doing here?!" I ask my ex boyfriend. My head starts to pound like crazy as I turn to run. I see Matt and Mars on the floor with two figures standing above them. "Ben and-" Trenton tries to say when the phantom that threatened me began to speak. "I told you Skyler. You're next." He says, tilting his head. Right after he said that, Trenton puts a bag on my head making it hard for me to breathe, as I slip into darkness I hear. "Okay we have her, let's go!" Trenton says.