17. Realisation

Jade POV

I had no idea what time it was but the room was dark which told me that in no way should I be awake right now. There were only two things I was sure of right now, that I was hungry or rather the baby was and that Roman was holding me so firmly that I couldn't move.

Gently I manage to pry his arm from around my body and lift it just enough for me to slide out of the bed. Roman let's out a soft grunt and then turns over, I chuckle softly before pulling on my robe and heading to the kitchen.

Quietly I open the fridge and take a look at what we have, thanks to Damian's strict diet everything is healthy, no junk food anywhere, which is no good when you are craving donuts for some strange reason.
Sighing a grab an apple and take a big bite.

"What are you doing up carino" Damian asks making me jump and drop the apple

"I was eating that apple" I say before picking it up and throwing it in the trash

"Why are you eating at 3am?" He asks and then face palms himself "of course the baby"

"Mmm apparently baby things this is a good time to eat" I say grabbing another apple "I would have preferred donuts"

"You know I have to watch what I eat" he says "if I so much as look at a donut I gain ten pounds"

"I know" I say "what are you doing up anyway?"

"I have a flight to catch" he says and my face falls

"I have to work carino, and you have Roman here until I get back" he says pulling me into a hug and kissing my temple

"I know" I sigh "I've been wondering, when you found out what I did you didn't get mad at me, why is that?" I ask

"Come on you know Trevor and I don't get on, so I'm not going to be mad about you cheating on him" he says picking up his bag

"Why is that you never did tell me?" I ask

"It's not important now your not with him anymore" he says walking towards the door "I have to go I'll see you in a few days"

Was it me or did he just avoid my question?

Roman POV

When I felt Jade leave the bed I assumed she was just going to the bathroom, but the longer she was gone the more I worried. I was just about to get up and look for her when the door opens and she walks in.
The sight of her in nothing but my t shirt takes my breath away, to me she was the most beautiful woman on the plant, no other woman would ever come close to this siren that had stolen my heart.

I watch as she gets back under the covers and I instantly pull her back into my arms earning a soft chuckle from her.

"What time is it?" I ask nuzzling into her

"It's 3am" she says "I'm sorry if I woke you but baby was hungry"

"In that case, good morning babygirl" I say kissing her neck softly

"Good morning hercules" she smiles as she turns to face me and kisses me softly.

I deepen the kiss slowly rolling her onto her back, my hand travels down her body stopping on her stomach. I slide my hand under the t shirt and rub light circles over her small bump all the while looking deep into her eyes.
Then it hits me, something that until now I hadn't realised, just how much I wanted this baby to be mine. I wanted this to be my family and knowing there's a chance it might not be hurt.

She runs her fingers softly through my hair as I lean down and press a few gentle kisses to her stomach.

"You ok Ro?" She asks as my gaze stays on her bump

"Yeah, I'm good babygirl" I say "it's just......I just realised how much I want this baby to be mine" I sigh

"I want it to be yours too" she says "I'm sorry it happened this way, I wish things had been different"

"I wouldn't change a thing babygirl" I say "and I want you to know that I will love this baby regardless of whether it's mine, just like I love you with my whole heart"

"You're a good man Roman" she smiles "I love you too"

"Do you have a scan booked yet?" I ask and she nods

"In a couple of days so they can confirm how far along I am" she says "test said 12 weeks but they want to be sure"

"12 weeks but doesn't that mean........."

"I conceived the first time we slept together" she says cutting me off

"So then the baby is mine right?" I ask "if the test is right then it's mine" I say but she shakes her head

"I slept with you both that night" she says "Trrevor first then you, although if I'm honest the whole time I was with Trevor I was imagining it was you"

"Am I as good as you imagined?" I smirk and she smiles at me

"No much much better" she says "I've never had anyone make me feel the way you do when we make love"

"I'm always going to make you feel that way babygirl" I say "becuase no matter what happens I'm not going anywhere"