19. First Scan

Jade POV

Never in my life had I been in a more uncomfortable situation than the one I'm in now. Sitting in a car with Roman and Trevor on the way to my first scan. I had done what I thought was the decent thing and let Trevor know about the scan, of course he wanted to be there and I couldn't exactly say no.

What I hadn't been prepared for was for everything to be one big pissing contest between them from the moment Trevor arrived at the house. Roman insisted he drove, so Trevor insisted he buy me lunch afterwards. Trevor asked if we could spend a day together and Roman suddenly had plans to take me away for a night.

They were constantly trying to one up each other and I was close to telling Roman to pull over and walking the rest of the way. As he drives Roman reaches over and takes my hand in his and offers me a soft smile and I know this isn't a gesture for me it's him rubbing it in Trevor's face.

"It's bad enough that you took her from me do you really have to rub it in my face" Trevor snaps and I swear if looks could kill Roman would be pushing up daisies about now.

"I didn't take her, she chose me" Roman says in a low growl "clearly I give her something you couldn't"

"ALRIGHT THAT IS ENOUGH!" I shout "I've had enough of you two and your pissing contest, this is supposed to be a special experience and you two are ruining it wit your my dick is bigger than your dick bullshit. Now either you stop it or you let me out of this car and I will walk and neither of you will go"

"Babygirl you are not walking anywhere" Roman says

"Now is not the time to tell me what to do Roman" I say not looking at him

"Babygirl? Does she look like a child?" Trevor scoffs "look Jade I'm sorry, you're right we need to stop"

"Thank you Trevor and just for the record I happen to like him calling me babygirl" I say and I notice Roman smirk "and you can wipe that smirk off your face Mr you are still in trouble"

"What? Why?" He whines "shouldn't he still be in trouble too?"

"He apologised" I say "you haven't, you just tried to tell me what to do"

"I'm sorry babygirl, I never meant to spoil this for you" he says raising my hand to his lips and kissing it "I love you"

"I love you too but let's just get this over with" I sigh "I don't want to be around either of you right now"

Roman POV

I park the car outside the hospital but before I even get my seat belt unbuckled Jade is out of the car and walking towards the entrance. Trevor and I just watch her for a moment before getting out of the car ourselves.

"Man we really fucked up didn't we" Trevor sighs

"Yeah we did" I say "and I have no idea how to fix this"

We follow her into the hospital keeping our distance, I watch her intently as she checks in at the desk all the while trying to figure out how to make it up to her for being a complete ass. I know she isn't finding this any easier than we are and our behaviour won't be helping.

All I wanted to do was hold her but I'm afraid she'll push me away if I try. The nurse calls her name and we both follow them to the scan room but when Jade gets to the door she stops and turns to face us.

"You can come in but I don't want to hear a peep out of either of you" she says before entering the room.

Jade POV

I make myself comfortable on the bed and undo my jeans, the nurse puts the cold gel on my stomach and then begins to move the wand around. I watch the screen waiting for my baby to appear.

"There we are" she smiles "Ok, baby is doing good, you are currently 13 weeks, is that what your test said?" She asks

"It said 12 but I did it a week ago" I say "so I guess 13 is right" I say not taking my eyes off the screen. As I watch my baby I fight back the tears, any hope I had of the test being wrong was gone.

"You ok babygirl?" Roman asks softly

"Yeah I'm fine" I say wiping my eyes "happy tears I promise" I smile and when I look at he I see that he has teared up too along with Trevor.

"Wow" Trevor says looking at the screen "that is incredible"

"It certainly is" Roman smiles "peanut looks perfect"

I watch the two men look at the screen I can't help but wish I'd never gotten pregnant at all.