28. Eggstra Special

Roman POV

Pushing open the door of my house the first thing I notice is its in darkness, there is no sign of Jade and my heart sinks, please god tell me she hasn't packed up and left me. I can't lose her she means far to much to me.

"Babygirl, are you here?" I call out but get no response

"Jade, it's Pat Roman's mom, I'd really like to talk to you and apologise if you'll let me" my mom calls out.

Noticing the light in at the top of the stairs I head up to my room and find her sat on the edge of the bed with her head in her hands. I walk over and crouch in front of her gently rubbing my hands up and down her arms.

"Baby I am so sorry, I should have told you she didn't know but I didn't expect her to react like that" I say "I know it must have hurt you, and it must have been humiliating for you. I can't tell you how sorry I am, I love you babygirl and I'm hoping you're going to stay with me"

"Of course I'm staying with you" she says looking up "but you're right that was humiliating and you should of told me, you also should have updated your mom"

"I know, she's downstairs and she would like to talk to you" I say "do you feel up to it?"

"Yes of course, I'd like to talk to your mom" she says

Taking her hand in mine we walk downstairs to where my mom is waiting, when she sees us she gives Jade a soft smile and immediately wraps her up in hug which Jade glady returns.

"Sweetheart I am so sorry, my oaf of a son didn't update me on what was happening with you two" she says "if I had know I never would have reacted like that"

"It's ok, I understand that the way we got together wasn't ideal and I'm not proud of it, but I do love your son with every bit of my heart. He's kind, loving and very special, you've raised an incredible man" she says and my mom beams at her before looking at me

"See what did I tell you" she says and I chuckle "Jade I would love if you would come back over, we are having a family meal for Easter later today and I'd like you to be a part of it"

"Oh I don't want to intrude" she says "I'm not family"

"You are carrying my grandchild I'd say that makes you family" my mom smiles and Jade smiles back

Jade POV

When we get back to Pat's house I was immediately roped into decorating eggs for the kids Easter egg hunt. While I was more than willing to show Roman my designs he was being secretive and taking it very seriously.

The look of sheer concentration on his face as he paints his egg makes me smile, it was clear that this tradition meant a lot to him and it meant alot to me that he wanted me to be a part of it.
I the time it had taken me to paint four eggs he was still on his first and everytime I tried to look henwould cover it with his hands.

"Alright if the eggs are done I'll go hide them" his mom says and he instantly looks up

"I'll do it mom, you sit down for a bit, you've been cooking for ages" he says standing up and taking the basket of eggs

"I'm perfectly capable to hiding eggs Roman" she says rolling her eyes

"Mom please let me do this" he says "I want to help"

"Alright fine" she says taking a seat and looking at me "I swear that boy is up to something" she says

"I'm starting to think the same thing" I chuckle rubbing my hand over my bump

"Do you know what you are having?" She asks placing her own hand on my bump

"Not yet but I have a feeling its a..............."

The room is suddenly filled with the shouts and cheers of children and three women I assume are Roman's sisters. Roman comes back in the house placing the empty basket on the side and then greets each of them with a hug.

"Babygirl why don't we help the kids with the Easter egg hunt" he says helping me stand "I think you'll enjoy it"

I walk out to the garden with Roman and the kids and they all scatter to different parts of the garden looking for the eggs, as we walk slowly behind them he spots one of the kids looking under a camelia bush that's in full bloom.

"Let's got help her out" Roman says guiding me towards her

As we approach the little girl she stands up holding up and egg that I immediately recognise as the one Roman was painting.

"Look Uncle Roman I found another one" she says happily

"Well done sweetheart why don't you let Jade see it" he says and she holds the egg up to me.

I take it from her gently and turn it in my hands taking in the detailed design that he has done and then my eyes widen and I realise why he didn't want me to see it. There on the egg are the words Marry Me?

When I turn to look at Roman I find him down on one knee holding out a ring box and my emotions get the better of me and the tears roll down my cheeks.

"Babygirl I know this is fast but I know in my heart that you are the only one for me, I love you so much and I want to spend the rest of my life making you just as happy. Jade Tyler will you marry me?" He asks

"Yes, yes I will" I smile holding out my hand so he can place the ring on my finger, he stands and wraps his arms around me as everyone around us cheers.

"I love you babygirl" he says "thank you for loving me enough to marry me"