31. Don't Want To Lose

Jade POV

It had been a few days since the court room drama Trevor had created, in that time samples had been taken and now we were just waiting for the call to go back to court for the results.
I hadn't seen or heard from Roman since that day, I missed him, I was desperate to talk to him about our little girl and the beautiful names he had chosen.

We had chosen names for both a boy and a girl, I had chosen the boys name while he had chosen the girls name. He had been so proud of the names he had picked and how perfect they were for our potential little girl and I could imagine he would be over the moon that we get to use them.

I knew in my heart that Trevor's test was a lie, that my little girl was Roman's and that Damian would never do that to either of us. My mind goes back to what the judge had said about damages, I didn't want anything from Trevor other than for him to leave me alone, I didn't want his money or anything else from him, becuase there was nothing that could repair the damage he had done.

My train of thought is broken by my phone beeping, opening up the text I smile softly at the screen

Roman: I love you xx

Me: I love you too xx

Roman POV

Earlier that day

After I left court I had gone straight to Jade's place grabbed my stuff and checked into a hotel. I love her but this hurts like hell, I was so happy when I found out the baby was mine, and now I knew it was a girl, my little L, or at least she was.

I couldn't help but wonder if she would still use the name I chose or if they would chose something different, I don't think I could bear to hear him call her that name, I just don't think my heart could take it.

This isn't what I wanted, I wanted to be with Jade but right now I couldn't look at her. I had barely slept the last few days, I was barely functioning and I just needed space to breath and time to get my head around things.

"Hey I know I'm the last person you want to see but I just wanted to apologise" Trevor says taking a seat next to me on the park bench "this was nothing personal but her actions had to have consequences"

"I guess I should thank you" I sigh "at least I found out before I married her"

"Yeah we both dodged that bullet" he says "she's easy to fall in love with but she never loves back"

"Nah she loves me that much I'm sure of" I say "I just don't understand why she would lie"

"When you want something badly enough, you'll do anything" he says "even if you know there'll be a price to pay, it was worth it though"

"Wait, what?" I ask looking him in the eye

"I uh....i said I hope it was worth it" he says but I know what I heard, I had got exactly what I wanted out of him and it had been a lot easier then I expected "I have to go, good luck with everything" he says before making a quick exit.

I watch him leave before taking out my phone.

Damian POV

Earlier that day

Everything was a complete mess, Jade was hurt, Roman was hurt and my name had been dragged through the dirt. I would never do anything like that to either of them. I could never hurt Jade I just don't have it in me.

He may have a piece of paper that says he's the father but to me all of this had the very distinct smell of bullshit. One way or another I was going to prove that he was lying I just didn't know how.

He got one thing right though, I do hate that son of a bitch, my best friend was nothing but a bet to him and now he gets to come out of this smelling like roses. My thoughts turn to Jade, I can only imagine how she must be feeling right now, it doesn't take a rocket  scientist to see how much Roman means to her and the last thing I want is for her to lose him.

I had decided to take a walk to clear my head becuase all of this was driving me crazy, one thing was for sure, when the truth comes out I was going to make sure he did more than just pay damages.