30. Taking Everything

Jade POV

Staring up at the larg brick built building I was baffled as to how we had come to this. When I was told that Trevor was instructing his lawyer to haveme do another paternity test I never thought for one second that meant we would be discussing the results in the court room.

I had no idea what game Trevor was playing but it was clearhe was trying to cause as much damage as he possibly could. He insisted that the baby's dna be tested against his, Roman's and Damian's, apparently believed that something had also happened between me and D at the same time. On top of that he had made it clear that if the baby was his he wanted it handing into his custody as soon as it was born, citing me being an unfit mother.

I wasn't unduly worried becuase at the end of the day I knew that this was all lies, that the baby was Roman's and once we got this over with the two of us were finally going to fid ut what we are having and we are going to enjoy the rest of this pregnancy in peace.

Walking into the court room Damian, Roman and I take our seats next to our lawyer. Roman takes hold of my hand and rubs gentle circles on the back of it with his thumb as I take a deep breath.
The judge takes his seat and gazes around the room before clearing his throat.

"Alright this is the paternity case between Miss Tyler and Mr Mann correct?" He asks and both lawyers respond with "Yes your honour"

"The lawyer for Mr Mann may proceed" he says

"Thank you your honour" he says standing "we call Miss Tyler to the stand"

Standing I slowly let go of Roman's hand and he gives me a subtle nod, I walk over to the stand and take a seat as Trevor's lawyer approaches me.

"Miss Tyler, you are aware that my client and Mr Priest don't get on correct?" He asks

"Yes I'm aware" I say

"You are also aware that Mr Reigns assaulted my client correct" he says

"Yes I am" I say "but what does this have to do with the paternity of my child?" I ask

"That's a good question" the judge says "please explain"

"I am merely trying to show that my client is the victim in all of this, he's been betrayed, assaulted and had someone try to keep him out of his child's life by faking dna results" he says

"What evidence do you have that the results are fake?" The judge asks

"The only evidence we need, the results of the dna test we asked her to do" he says "as you are aware Mr Priest was included in this test as my client believes that there was something going on between them too. Your honour our test concluded that my client is in fact the father of Miss Tyler's unborn daughter"

"No that's not possible" I gasp looking over just in time to see Roman walk out of the room.

"Your honour I'd like to speak" my lawyer says "we also had another test done, at my expense which concluded that Mr Reigns is the father. Also my clients were not aware of the gender of their child and my learned collegue here has announced it without their consent"

"Is that true did you not have their consent to reveal that information" the judge asks

"No your honour I did not, I apologise" he says

"Since we have two tests with differing results it's clear there is some dishonesty going on somewhere" he says "so here is what we will do, I will have someone visit each of you to take samples, I'm not including Mr Priest in this because it's clearly not necessary. The test will be performed where none of you can get involved or influence the results, but mark my words the person being dishonest will be made to pay damages to the other party"

Although I was aware of people talking the only thing I was focused on was my baby and Roman, this wasn't how we planned to find out we were having a daughter. I wanted to go after Roman , to talk to him, reassure him but I hadn't been given permission to leave.

"I apologise Miss Tyler you may step down" the judge says

I do as he says and rush out of the court room in search of Roman by he is nowhere to be seen.

"Jade wait" Trevor calls out

"What he hell do you want Trevor" I snap turning to face him "Why are you doing this?"

"He took you from me and now I'm taking everything from him" he says "Did you really think I would just walk away? He will never love you the way I did"

"And I will never love you the way I love him" I say "I don't want you Trevor and you don't really want me"

"I want my baby" he says "I want my daughter"

"She's not your's, I don't know how you managed it but I know you faked that test" I say "she's is Roman's and you will never change that"

Turning on my heel I leave the court my head spinning and my heart hurting. All I wanted was to find Roman and for all this to go away.