25. He Needs Me

Jade POV

A cool breeze over my bare skin and the sweet sound of bird song wakes me from what had been a relatively peaceful sleep. A couple of times I had woken to check on Roman and he had been sleeping but when I had reached out to touch his face his cheek had been damp.

As yet he hadn't told me what was going on, why he was home early or why he needed my constant reassurance that I loved him. Something was hurting this amazing man and I couldn't bare to see him like this.

Turning over I find the bed empty, after a quick glance around the room my eyes fall on him, he's standing by the open french doors that lead from my room to the back yard, he's leaning against the door frame with his arms crossed just looking outside. I smile at first but then I see his shoulders rise and fall in what can only be a sigh and my smile quickly disappears.

Climbing out of bed I walk over to where he is standing, I run my hands up and down his arms and place soft kisses over his bare back and I feel him relax a little.

"Tell me something baby girl" he says without looking at me "tell me that this, us, you loving me is all real. That you wouldn't lie to me about loving me"

"Roman I would never lie about loving you, if I didn't love you I wouldn't say it" I say walking around him and that's when I see it, the tears running down his cheeks and into his dark beard "Baby you need to start talking to me I need to know where all this is coming from" I say taking his face in my hands and wiping his tears with my thumbs

"I was in the hotel and Trevor came in, he pushed my buttons so I slammed him into a mirror, it shattered and cut up his back, I got suspended for two weeks" he says "he said that the paternity results were fake, that Damian hates him and paid the clinic extra to fake them. He's instructed his lawyer to get you to do another test"

Roman POV

Jade looks at me dumbfounded, her eyes moving back and forth as she looks into mine trying to take in everything I've just said to her.

"You know he's lying right" she asks "Damian would never do that, I was with him the whole time, I watched him pay, this baby is your's Ro I swear"

"That's what I thought, he wouldn't do that, he wouldn't do anything to hurt you" I say "but then that got me thinking, if he did then he wouldn't do it without telling you which means you would know, but you wouldn't do that to me right? Becuase if you would then you don't love me, which means you lied about how you feel about me"

"I can't believe you would doubt me so easily" she says "I love you more than anything, I would never do that to you. What was that last night? One last fuck before you leave me? Is that what you're doing Roman? Are you leaving me?" She snaps and I can see the hurt in her eyes along with tears I would never ever want to cause her.

"I don't ever want to go back to being without you" I say wrapping my arms around her "I'm not leaving babygirl, last night was about me needing to be with the woman who owns my heart, to hear her tell me she loves me, and to show her how much I love her"

"I love you Roman, I will say it as many times as you need me to but I need you to believe me" she says "if he wants me to do another test I'll do it, I have nothing to hide"

"I love you too, and I'm sorry for doubting you even for a second" I say kissing the top of her head "I never should have done that"

"About that suspension" she says looking up at me "what the hell were you thinking?"

"I wasn't, he pushed my buttons and I got mad" I say "I told him to stop, to walk away but he just kept going"

"He is not worth risking your job over" she says "me on the other hand I have nothing to lose by kicking his ass" she says moving away from me and back into the room

"What the hell are you doing?" I ask as I watch her grab he clothes and put them on the bed

"He hurt you Roman, he hurt you and he made you doubt me" she says "nobody hurts my man and nobody messes with my relationship"

"Woah now just calm down" I say taking hold of her shoulders "babygirl I forbid you from fighting while you're pregnant, as much as I love that you want to defend me, I'm not going to let you  go beat him up with peanut growing side you"

"Oh peanut will be perfectly safe" she says "he won't be able to fight back once I rip his nut sack off"

"Damn baby remind me never to piss you off" I chuckle "you know you're kind of hot when you're mad" I say and she instantly relaxes and starts laughing

"I'm sorry I just don't take kindly to people messing with the people I love" she says "and I do love you Ro, more than you'll ever know"

"I know and I love you just as much" I smile "now let's enjoy our two weeks together, we could use it to move you into my place"

"Oh damn I haven't told D about that yet" she says "and we need to tell him about Trevor"

"How about we tell him both things together" I say "then the three of us can figure out a plan"