26. Breaking The News

Jade POV

Roman and I had spent the morning together in the house while we waited for Damian to finally get out of bed. I hadn't woken him becuase knowing how busy he gets on the road I knew he needed his sleep.

The whole morning Roman hadn't let me out of his sight, every opportunity he got to hold me or touch me in some way he took and I had lost count of the number of times he had told me he loved me in the last few hours. As sweet as I thought it was at the same time it worried me, I was willing to give him whatever he needed to calm his fears but how long could this go on.

I could only hope that once this stupid paternity test of Trevor's was out of the way that he would relax. Walking over to him and place a cup of coffee in front of him, gently he takes hold of my hips and pulls me down on to his lap. He wraps his arms around me and softly kisses my shoulder before resting his chin on it.

"I love you babygirl" he says softly

"I love you too" I say placing my arms over the top of his and resting back against him.

I hear foots steps and Damian walks into the kitchen, his hair wild, rubbing his eyes. He smiles at me and then spots Roman and his brow furrows.

"Wait a second.......you........how long have I been asleep.......did I miss my flight?" He says taking his phone out of his pocket "no, no I didn't you're here when you shouldn't be"

"Yeah I may or may not have smashed Trevor into a mirror and got myself suspended" Roman sighs

"Nice....I mean not that you got suspended but what you did to Trevor" He smiles "so what did numb nuts do?"

"He is implying that you paid the clinic extra to fake the results of the test" I say "he is instructing his lawyer to have me do another one"

"Mother fucking piece of shit, he knows damn well I would never do that to you cariño" he says "first thing we need to do is get you a lawyer"

"There's something else we need to tell you" I say and Roman and I smile at each other

"He proposed didn't he, well it's about damn time" he smiles

"No but I did ask her to move with me" Roman smiles "and she said yes"

"That's fantastic I'm really happy for you both" he smiles "but may I suggest that you don't move until this bullshit with Trevor is sorted, I just think it would be better if you're not alone while this is happening"

"He has a good point babygirl" Roman says "we'll move you in as soon as we put all this to bed"

Roman POV

Before Jade can say anything my phone starts ringing, picking it up of the counter I see Stephanie's name on the screen. I take a deep breath before answering the call.

"Hey Steph" I sigh "what's up"

"I'm sorry Roman this isn't a happy phone call" she says "unfortunately as we were unable to explain the cuts on Trevor's back in a storyline we have had to put him on the injured list until he heals up, as a result it has been decided that the fair thing to do would be have you out for the same length of time, so I'm afraid you are suspended until Trevor can return"

"What! Come on Steph this is ridiculous and you know it" I gasp

"It's out of my hands Roman, this is my dad's decision not mine" she says "I'm sorry"

"I know, thanks for letting me know" I say

"Everything alright?" Jade asks as I place my phone back on the counter and I shake my head

"They've had to out Trevor on the injured list so I'm suspended until he can return" I say "I'm sorry babygirl"

"Don't you dare be sorry" Damian says "if it had been me I would have done a lot more than shred his back, why dont you stay with us for now"

"Thanks man I appreciate it" Roman says nuzzling into me "leaving my girl is the last thing I want to do right now"

"Look we'll get this test done, it'll come back that the baby is yours and then it's done" Damian says "this is one fight he won't win"