22. Pillow Talk

Jade POV

Laying on my side, my phone propped up on the pillow that now smelled like Roman, his handsome face smiled at me from my phone screen. It felt like he was a million miles away from me and I missed him every second of every day that he wasn't here with me.

"How was your day baygirl?" He ask snuggling into his pillow, it's only then that I realise he has done the exact same thing with his phone that I've done with mine, andtha brings a small smile to my face.

"It was OK, I spent the day with D which of course meant going for food" I say and he chuckles "but I miss you hercules, so much"

"I miss you too my beautiful Cassiopeia" he says and his eyes almost look sad "you've no idea how many times I've reached out for you during the night and been devastated that you weren't there, I wish I could hold you right now"

"I'd give anything to be in your arms right now" I sigh "how long til you're back?" I ask

"One more week and then we'll be together" he says "do something for me babygirl, close your eyes" he says and I do what he asks "what do you see?"

"Nothing it's just dark" I say as I keep my eyes closed knowing he is going some where with this

"Look harder baby, what do you see?" He asks softly

"I see you, you're smiling" I say "I love your smile"

"See it's as easy as that" he says "when ever you need me and want to see me, just close your eyes and I'll be right there with you babygirl, always"

When I open my eyes he's looking at me with that same beautiful smile on his face and I feel my heart skip a beat. Words could not describe the love I felt for this man, never in my life had a wanted a future with some more the way I did with him.

"I love you" I smile "you have no idea how much"

"I love you too" he smiles "I've been thinking, we're together, we're potentially having a baby together and we've been talking about forever but we've never been on a date"

"I think we're way past dating" I chuckle "we definitely skipped a few steps"

"Maybe so but when I come back I'd like to take you out for dinner, on a proper date, if you'll let me" he asks

"I'd love that" I say

"How's peanut doing?" He asks and I look down at my bump

"Peanuts doing just fine" I say, I wanted so badly to say our peanut but I didn't want to tell him over the phone

"Are you sure becuase you look like there's something you're not telling me" he says "what is it babygirl?"

"I uh.....I didn't want to do this over the phone, I wanted to tell you when I saw you" I sigh "I had a paternity test done, peanut is yours"

"Really?" He says as the biggest brightest smile forms on his face "the baby is really mine?" He asks and I nod "so the test was it done against Trevor's dna?" He asks

"No it was done against yours" I say "I swabbed your cheek while you were sleeping, please don't be mad it's just I knew if I told you, you would want to pay and I didn't think it was right either of you paying when this mess is my fault"

"I'm not mad baby, just disappointed you felt you couldn't ask me" he says "for the record there is nothing I would deny you, I would do anything for you, that's how much I love you"

"I'm so sorry" I say "but at least now we know this is our baby"

"Yes we do" he smiles "I want to ask you something babygirl, and you can say no if you don't want to but, how would you feel about coming to live with me in Pensacola?"

"I'd love to Ro" I smile "but are you sure it's what you want?"

"More than sure baby" he says "I want this and so much more, but I want to do everything right, I want to do things properly"

"I wish we had done that from the start" I say "I wish I had met you first, I wish it had always been you, at least with you I know this is genuine that you really truly love me"

"Of course I really love you, I'm deeply in love with you" he says looking worried "what else aren't you telling me babygirl?"

"I finally got D to tell me the truth" I say fighting back tears "everything with Trevor and I was a lie, I was nothing but some stupid bet to him, he never loved me"

"Son of a mother fucking bitch" he growls "I'm going to kill him, how dare he treat you like that, nobody treats my babygirl that way"

"He's not worth it Ro" I say "lets just focus on us and peanut that's what matters now"

"You're right" he says taking a deep breath "if I could I'd hold you close to me right now"

"I know you would" I say "and you will when you get back"

"You can believe that" he says making me laugh "I'm going to treat you so much better than he ever did babygirl, I promise"