23. Planting A Seed

Roman POV

After getting off the phone with Jade I found it very hard to get to sleep. My blood was boiling after what she had told me and although she was right he wasn't worth it there was a part of me that wanted to go find him and wring his neck. How could he do that to her, how could he not see how incredible and amazing she was.

Jade had the ability to light up a room the second she walked into it, she could make my heart skip a beat with just a simple smile. I only ever wanted to be close to her and when I'm on the road my whole body literally aches for her, for her touch, her kiss. She is on my mind every second of every day, I'm completely in love with her, I would even go as far as to say I would protect her and peanut with my life.

Having only managed to get a couple of hours sleep I gave in and came down to the hotel gym, I figured that using the punch bag would be a good way to release my anger until I hit it that hard the chain it was hanging on snapped and it landed on the floor with a bang.

"Damn what did the bag do to you" a familiar voice says behind me

"Fuck off Trevor" I growl not looking at him as I pick up the bag and move it out of the way

"What did I do? I thought we were cool?" He asks but I still don't look at him

"Take my advice and walk away, you do not want to tangle with me right now" I say walking towards the bench press

"Damian told you didn't he?" He asks "of course he did, you know he never let's Jade think for herself, always tells her what to do. And why? Becuase he thinks he's protecting her, he clearly has feeling for her but he can't see that Jade would never be interested  in a loser like him. Jade deserves better then that"

In that moment I saw red, my blood boiled over and I just snapped. I swing round and charge at him, I push him back against the wall so hard the mirror shatters. I keep him pinned there with one arm across his throat and move my face close to his so that we are nose to nose.

"You keep her name out of your god dam fucking mouth do you hear me?" I growl "your right she does deserve better, she deserves better than you using her for some lame ass bet, she deserves better than you stringing her along for three years, she deserves better than you proposing when you felt absolutely nothing for her. I'm glad she has a friend like Damian that looks out for her when I'm not there, he's a good guy, and so what if he has feelings for her I think he knows she's not interested and he just wants her to be happy there is no crime in that"

"Yes it was a bet at first I admit that, but I did fall in love with her, I never planned to but I did, she became my whole world, I asked her to marry me becuase I love her" he says as he tries to free himself from my grip "I got involved in the bet to protect her, the other guys were far worse than me"

"Bullshit!" I shout "if you were protecting her why carry it on? Why keep changing the bet? I'm glad she came to me that night, becuase now she knows what it's like to have someone truly love her, now I'm warning you, you stay the fuck away from her and my baby"

"She let you know the results too huh?" He asks "you know they are fake right?"

"The fuck are you talking about?" I ask "the bullshit just keeps on pouring out of your mouth doesn't it"

"Think about it" he says "Damian hates me, he paid for the test, so it's not too much of reach to say that he slipped them a little extra and asked them to fake the results to get me out of the picture"

"He wouldn't do that" I say "he wouldn't lie to Jade like that, he would never do anything to hurt her or me"

"Really? That's why he kept the bet a secret from her all this time?" He says "that's why he only told her the truth after she got the results and not before"

"No you're lying" I say as my grip on him loosens "he....he wouldn't....."

"We'll soon see, I've instructed my lawyer to get her to have another paternity test done" he says "honestly man for your sake I hope I'm wrong" he says before removing himself from my now non exisitant grip.

"What the hell happened in here?" Stephanie asks

"This psycho pinned me against the wall and the mirror smashed against my back" Trevor says turning around to show the bleeding cuts on his back

"Is this true?" She asks and I nod

"Everything but the psycho part" I say "I had my reasons and I'm not willing to dicuss it"

"I'm sorry Roman I have no choice you're suspended for two weeks" she says "I can't have you attacking your colleagues, whatever is going on you need to sort it before you come back"

Nodding a grab my bag and leave the gym, what was the point in arguing it was true I had pinned him against the wall and shredded his back with the mirror, but it wasn't what I really wanted to do. I wanted to break his face and take out his knee caps.

The one plus side to this is that I get to go home to Jade, to my love and peanut. I had to believe he was lying becuase the alternative doesn't bare thinking about, I had only just found out the baby was mine I don't think I could handle finding out it's not true.