46

A small chuckle emitted from her when she handed Scott an important part from one of the twins motorcycles, a smirk on his lips as he put it in his backpack, thanking her with a small nod before moving on to the other motorcycle Isaac was standing next to.

"How long is this gonna take?" He asked

"Relax" Nova muttered "just make sure no one's looking, I'm not getting in trouble for you guys"

He let out a small sigh through his nose, slight anxiety coming off of him like waves as he looked around. Ethan and Aiden had gotten Isaac into trouble, making it seem that the beta had beaten one of them, resulting in him getting detention, and while he was restocking shelves with Allison, Nova assumed they pushed a vending machine in front of the door, which caused Isaac to freak out due to claustrophobia and attack her. So, since Nova had an extensive knowledge about mechanics, the three of them turned to the redhead, who was more than happy to help before she decided to ditch for the rest of the day. After a few minutes, the engine to the motorcycle turned on, Nova standing with a small smirk,

"Okay" Allison began as Isaac mounted the bike "pull back with your left hand. Kick down to put in gear. Front brake. Throttle. Back brake for stopping. Try not to crash"

"Yeah" he muttered "been there, done that"

"Let me know how it goes" Nova replied, then turning to Allison "would you mind -"

"Grabbing your homework from your last class?" She asked with a small smile "no problem"

"Thank you" she smiled, walking over to her car

"See, the reason I'm always invested in new talent is simple" a male voice said "we all know a pack is strongest due to its individual parts. The stronger the individual parts, the greater the whole. When I lost my sight, one of my betas assumed I wasn't fit for my role anymore. He tried to take it from me. killing him taught me something about alphas I didn't know they could do. His power was added to mine. I became stronger, faster, more powerful than I'd ever been. I tested this new ability to subsume the power of your own by killing another one. In fact, Derek, I killed them all. I took the individual parts and became a greater individual whole. You'll get to know me, Derek"

"I know you" Derek grunted "I know what you are. You're a fanatic"

"Know me?" He questioned "you've never seen anything like me. I am the Alpha of alphas" thunder rumbling "I am the apex of apex predators! I am death, destroyer of worlds! I am the demon-wolf!" thunder growing louder as lightning flashed, a crack forming on his sunglasses "I hate it when that happens" removing them

Headphones were in her ears, turned up to where she could block everything out as she walked through the opened door of Derek's loft, feeling eyes on her as she did so. She hummed and slightly danced to the music playing, her eyes closed as she walked to the kitchen with a cup holder and a takeout back with four containers.

"We're going down, down in an earlier round. And sugar, we're going down swinging. I'll be your number one with a bullet. A loaded god complex, cock it and pull it"

She set the items on the counter, letting out a small sigh through her nose, pulling out her headphones and pausing her music, setting her phone in her coat pocket before removing it, putting it on the counter as well. Her eyebrows furrowed slightly when that familiar scent filled her nose, no longer distracted, and it was much stronger, as well as the smell of Derek's blood. Nova walked out of the kitchen, her eyes hardening when she saw a werewolf holding on to a metal pole, that pole being lodged in Derek's chest, blood coming from his mouth. She looked toward Cora, who she hadn't properly met, then to the alpha standing next to her,

". . You" Nova muttered, tears forming in his eyes

"Me?" a smirk on his lips

"You" anger in her voice

Her bottom lip quivered slightly, her hands shaking with anger at the sight of him,

"You took everything from me" her nails extending and sharpening

The female alpha, Kali, let out a threatening growl at the sight, releasing her hold on the pole and charging at Nova, who simply moved out of the way, her head snapping toward the teen when she now stood in the center of the loft. Nova's head slowly turned toward her, the werewolf snarling at the sight of her deep red eyes, Kali charging at her once more, and this time, she didn't move out of the way. Kali may have been an alpha, but no creature was faster or stronger than a phoenix, the others watching as she ducked from her swipes, blocking them and cutting her with her own talons. Nova was fueled by pure anger, which made her stronger than she's ever been, hitting Kali in the jaw, kicking her in the chest, causing her to be thrown back against a wall. She landed on the floor like a ragdoll, Nova's eyes moving toward the other one, Ennis, the one responsible for her pain. The larger alpha growled, charging at Nova as well, not listening to Deucalion when he ordered him to stop.

Nova ducked to the left when his claws swiped at her, taking a small step back when the action was repeated, ducking and throwing a hard punch to his stomach, standing straight as she threw a fist up, catching him in the chin. His claws deeply scratched her left arm, a low growl emitting from her, Cora watching as she retaliated, managing to get him to his knees, jamming her talons in his chest, piercing his bone and throwing her head forward, catching him in the nose, adrenaline pumping through her veins. Cora's eyes widened when Ennis was lifted off of his feet, thrown across the room as if he weighed nothing. The alpha landed on his feet, not expecting her to be running toward him, Nova jumping up and throwing a hard kick to the side of his head. What surprised everyone, a wave of fire emitted from the impact making the hit more powerful than it should have been, Nova landing on her feet, standing in front of Derek with a blink of an eye.

Her knees were slightly bent, talons dripping with blood as Kali slowly pushed herself up,

"Mine" her eye twitching slightly, Kali growling loudly

"Kali" Deucalion said, causing the alpha to stop "that's enough. It's time to go"

"What she did - " growling at his words

"Does not matter" walking stick in hand, tapping the floor as he walked to the exit

Kali glared at Nova, who glared right back, the teen letting out a small growl, watching as she helped Ennis to his feet, the three of them leaving the lost without another word. Nova's talons slowly retracted, her eyes turning back to gray, turning around and quickly pulling the pole from Derek's chest,

"There's a flask in the pocket of my jacket" she said as Derek fell to his side "get it. Now!"

Cora ran to the kitchen, quickly doing as said and handing the flask to the redhead, unscrewing the cap and pouring some of the contents on his wound, the female Hale watching in shock as it slowly sealed shut. Derek grunted slightly, lifting his head and looking at his wound, pushing himself up, his eyes moving toward his mate, concern showing in them as her features turned from anger and worry to no expression at all, her gray eyes becoming distant.

". . I'm not hungry anymore" she muttered