94

A small gasp emitted from Noshiko, looking down at her hand as her clenched fist began to glow, opening it and watching as a firefly turned to dust.

"Mom?" Kira asked

"I don't like the look of that" Nova commented

"What?" Isaac asked "what is that? What does that mean?"

"It means there's been a change in ownership" the Nogitsune said as he walked toward them, the four Oni behind him "now they belong to me"

"Sweetheart" Irina said

Nova looked toward her, her eyebrows furrowing slightly when she reached into her chest, pulling out a sword that looked as if it were made of fire, raising an eyebrow when it was tossed toward her. She caught it with ease, making a shocked face as she expertly swung it around, Irina smiling at the sight.

"That was mine when I was your age" Irina informed, a spear of fire forming in her other hand

"Oh, yeah?" She asked "how long ago was that?"

"Oh, hush" smiling at her teasing "it belongs to you now"

Nova didn't have time to prepare, which was something she had expected, her sword making contact with one from the Oni. Isaac's claws extended as his face changed, the Nogitsune stepping off to the side, smiling at the sight of his handiwork, but they continued to fight. He fed from strife, chaos and pain, and there was plenty of that currently going around. Nova couldn't explain how she knew how to wield the longsword, it was almost as if she was using it as an extension of her limb. Allison shot her arrows toward the Oni, who simply swiped his blade in the air, cutting it in half as if it were nothing.

"How do we stop them?" Isaac asked, looking toward Noshiko

"You can't!" She replied

The blade of an Oni sliced at his torso, blood splattering in the air and on the ground. Nova may not have fought the Oni before, but with the way the others were handling them, she could tell they were much stronger than before. Allison grabbed her last arrow, drawing it back and aiming it toward one of the shadows, releasing it when she had the perfect shot. The arrow landed in the chest of the Oni, the blade falling from his hand as a yellowish green glow began to emit from the wound. A tremor filled the ground as the Oni disappeared, Allison smiling slightly at the sight, only to have a gasp emit from her when Nova suddenly appeared in front of her. Nova's face contorted to one of pain, Allison looking at her in shock, the redhead slowly looking down, seeing the blade of an Oni sticking out of her torso, right under her breasts, the longsword falling from her hand and clattering to the floor.

A strangled gasp emitted from her as the blade twisted before it was pulled out, Nova falling toward Allison, who dropped her bow to catch her, lowering her to the ground, the Oni disappearing into the shadows of the night. Nova's breathing was uneven, the hunter holding on to the redhead with one arm while trying to put pressure on the wound.