111

"So the Walcott's were the first that we know about" Nova said "four murders. Sean, his brother and their parents. They were killed by a professional assassin called The Mute. A military tomahawk is his weapon of choice, but he was killed by Peter after he tried to blow us up with a claymore mine, that was fun"

"Next was Demarco, he delivered a keg to the party at Lydia's lakehouse and was decapitated next to his car" Stiles added "and last night, twenty-three year old, Carrie Hudson"

"It's a Deadpool" Nova said "a hit list of supernatural creatures"

"This is only part of it" Scott said, pulling a paper from his pocket and unfolding it, placing it on sheriff Stilinski's desk "the rest still has to be decoded"

"Who found this list?" The sheriff asked

"Lydia" Stiles answered

"How?" looking at him

"She wrote it" he replied "actually, she transcribed it without realizing it"

". . Banshee?" his eyebrows furrowing slightly

"Banshee" Nova confirmed

"Beautiful" he muttered, looking back down at the list "what are these numbers next to the names?"

"We're getting to that" Stiles informed "first, you need to know that the code was broken with a cipher key"

"You mean, like, a key word?" looking at his son

"It's actually a name" he replied

"Nova" Scott added

". . My name broke a third of the list" the redhead said when the sheriff looked at her "I think it has something to do with the acceptance, but even the old bird isn't sure"

"And now we think there's two other cipher keys" Scott said

"Which will give us the rest of the names" the sheriff nodded "okay. So how do we get the cipher keys"

"The same way they got the code" Nova replied "Lydia's been at the lakehouse all weekend, trying to find the other two key words"

"Did any of you guys know about Demarco or Carrie?" He asked "and what about these other two names on the list? Kayleen Butcher and Elias Town"

"I don't know" Scott replied "but Deaton said that the Nemeton would draw supernatural creatures here"

"Here, being Beacon Hills or Beacon County?" his eyebrows furrowing "the population of Beacon Hills is just under thirty-thousand"

"And dropping . ." Nova commented

"But if we're talking Beacon County" giving her a look, earning a small shrug "then you're looking close to five-hundred-thousand. Look, how many werewolves, banshees, kitsunes, phoenixes and whatever the hell else is out there are we talking about? And what happens if the next cipher key uncovers not twelve names, but a hundred?"

"We don't think there would be that many, there's a limit" Stiles said

"Derek's working on it now, but we think that if we decode the names, the numbers will add up to seven-hundred-seventeen" Nova added

"Seven-hundred-seventeen what?" The sheriff asked

"Million" her eyes looking at the list

She grabbed a pen, turning the paper toward her, crossing off the names of those who had already been killed before adding the numbers. Her name was on the list, possessing a bounty of five-hundred-million dollars. One-million next to David and Jake's names, James possessed two-hundred-thousand and Eli possessed one-hundred-thousand. But Irina and Deucalion were also on the list, and Nova hated seeing all of their names.

"Seven-hundred-seventeen" circling the number "stolen from the Hale vault and is being used by someone to finance these murders. Someone wants every supernatural in Beacon Hills dead"

"So the coded list goes out, and somehow these professional assassins get that list" the sheriff said

"And a cipher key" Stiles said

"And then they go after the names on the list" he nodded "they being killers with no mouths, tomahawks, thermal-cut wires that can take your head off" looking at Nova "why is your number so high?"

". . Phoenixes are harder to kill" she replied honestly "alphas, even harder" looking down at the crime scene photos. "Carrie was stabbed too? What's this mark?"

"We're not sure yet" he replied "still waiting on the ME's report. But there's one other thing I don't get. How did the new assassin know that Demarco was going to be at the lake house?"

"Everyone knows he delivers kegs to teenagers for a little extra cash" Scott replied

"So, whoever ordered that ked was the one that killed Demarco" Nova added "its a student"

The amount of exhaustion that was in her bones couldn't be described, but she stayed silent as she entered the house, drinking an extra large cup of sweet tea as she locked the door. When she found out who was on the Deadpool, she insisted to stay in the house, and Derek was completely fine with it. He understood that she wanted to protect her family, and was even glad that David and Jake were there two, just to make sure everyone in the house was well protected. She finished off her tea, walking to the kitchen and putting the empty styrofoam cup in the trash, letting out a low sigh through her nose, turning around when the kitchen light turned on. Irina stood in the doorway, robe tied shut with slippers on her feet, and Nova knew she waited up, like she always did, and it didn't matter if the older Phoenix had work the next morning.

"You didn't have to wait up" Nova said

"I know" Irina smiled "I just wanted to make sure you were okay. Especially with what's going on now . ."

"We're handling it" she assured "trying to, at least. I just hope you don't mind the extra company"

"I have a full house" shrugging slightly "of course I don't mind it. But you might want to get grt to bed, you still have school in the morning"

Nova gave her a small smile, nodding her head, which allowed Irina to walk out of the kitchen. She let her smile fall, a heavy sigh emitting from her as she walked out as well, turning off the light.