79

Nova slung her backpack over her shoulders as she closed her locker, holding on to the text book she needed for her class, letting out a small sigh through her nose as she walked across the hall, leaning back against the lockers.

"Class starts in five minutes!" Coach announced through a megaphone as he walked down the hall "just because there's no power, don't expect there to be no school!"

"Hey, that was a triple negative" Stiles said as he grabbed his textbook "very impressive, Coach"

"Copy that" causing a small smirk to form on Nova's lips

As Stiles grabbed another textbook, his keys fell from his locker, landing on the floor, causing him to bend down and grab them,

"Hello" he muttered, looking at one of the keys he didn't recognize "where did you come from?"

Nova looked up from the floor, her eyes connecting with Kira's, who paused in her tracks as she looked at her. She knew what she saw at the substation, fire danced around Nova's body as if it were part of her, she controlled it to where it knocked Barrow off of his feet, but Nova knew what she saw as well. Kira absorbed the electricity that was around them, she wanted to know how. She looked away from Nova, her eyes connecting with Scott's, which simply caused her to turn around and walk away toward her locker. Stiles stopped his best friend from chasing her,

"No" he said, holding him back "no. Stop. Stop"

"What? I need to talk to her" Scott replied

"No, you don't" looking at him "you need to remember that someone left a coded message telling Barrow to kill her and Nova"

"Which is why I need to talk to her" watching Kira

"Scott, no way" dismissing it "until we figure out if she's just another psychotic monster that's gonna start murdering everybody, I vote against any and all interaction"

"What if she's like me?" looking at her

"She walked through one point twenty-one gigawatts of electricity" Nova muttered, her head leaning back against the lockers "I don't think she's a werewolf"

Scott let out a small sigh through his nose, walking away as Stiles closed his locker, holding his books in one arm,

"How're you doing?" He asked, looking at his redheaded friend

"I had a nightmare last night" she informed, pushing herself off of the lockers as they walked to class "I was back in Maine, in the basement. Woke up screaming. I'm just peachy"

The rest of the day went on with nothing unexpected, when she returned to the house, she saw Eli carving pumpkins with Deucalion, who had a smile on his face. She decided to forget about yesterday, even though James didn't know about it, and she would focus on her favorite holiday. The adoption over Eli became official a few weeks ago, Irina and Deucalion having full custody, James taking online classes in order to get his GED, and when that was done, he would be able to go to college like he wanted to. Nova walked up to her room, taking her time with the finishing touches to her costume, before going out with Deucalion, Irina, Eli and James. But after a little while she broke away from the small group on search of her mate.

Nova's costume wasn't scary at all, welcoming to children, and even catching the eyes of some men that she paid no attention to, ignoring those that tried to flirt with her -- even in frint on their own wives and children. She didn't always make her own costumes, but she would sometimes make alterations to the ones bought at the store. Last Halloween, Nova was the redheaded version of an evil queen, making her own alterations to the dress and adding a few more accessories. This year, her costume wasn't one of an average which with a black dress, green face paint, added moles and a prosthetic nose, something that was sold at every store she had gone to. The top half of her costume was more of a corset esque piece with a pair of black spandex leggings, heeled knee-high boots and gloves that went up to the middle of her biceps, showing off the marks on both arms.

There was a sheer fabric that was sewn into the corset and acted as a cape of sorts, and it flowed all the way down to the floor, even with her heels, a witches hat on top of her head with a black bow, her fire red hair flowing down to her elbows, holding a broom in one hand, and her ring over the glove of her right middle finger. She spotted Derek getting out of his car, the alpha letting out a small sigh, turning around and facing three kids,

"Trick or treat!" They smiled

One child was in a devil costume, one was dressed as a pirate and the third was dressed as a vampire, Nova pausing in her tracks as she watched the interaction. The children backed up slightly as Derek reached into the car, amusement in Nova's eyes when they let out signs in relief as Derek pulled out a bag of candy, something she talked him into doing. He watched their reactions as he handed out a few pieces for the three kids, his eyes suddenly flashing red and growled at them, flashing his fangs as well. Nova snickered as they ran away with frightened screams, which quickly gained Derek's attention, his eyebrows rising slightly at the sight of her costume.

"That was mean" she said, walking over to him

He didn't respond, watching as she walked over to him as he put the candy back in the car, a small smirk forming on his lips,

"Trick or treat" standing in front of him ". . trick or treat?"

"Will I like either one?" leaning back against the car

"Maybe" a smirk on her lips as well

Derek pulled Nova in by her waist, claiming her lips with his own, which caused her to wrap her arms around his neck. But at a new scent that lingered on his mate, he pulled back slightly, looking at her in confusion, the scent coming from other werewolves he didn't recognize.

"I need to talk to you about something" a small smile on her lips

Before Nova could say anything else, she suddenly found herself behind her mate, five or six figures dressed in all black facing the two of them.