56

"Where is she?" Stiles asked

"Over here" Allison replied

The spastic teen, Scott and Nova hurried over to Lydia and Allison, who had been standing by the school.

"It's the same thing" Lydia informed "same thing as the pool. I got into the car heading somewhere totally different, and ended up here. And you told me to call you if there's a dead body"

"You found a dead body?" Nova asked

"Not yet" looking at her

"Not yet?" Stiles repeated "what do you mean, not yet? Lydia, you're supposed to call us after you find the dead body"

"Oh, no, I'm not doing that again" shaking her head "you find the dead body from now on"

"How are we supposed to find the dead body?" He asked "you're always the one finding the dead body"

Nova looked up slightly, smelling something different in the air, Scott sensing the same thing seconds later. The redhead looked in the direction of the scent, her eyes widening slightly as she walked over to it, covering her mouth with her hand,

"Found it" she informed ". . Or . . her"

Deputy Graeme laid on top of the school's sign, blood sleeping down the front and over the letters, a low groan emitting from Nova. The woman had always been kind to her whenever they ran into each other, which could be because of Irina since she was friends with a lot of people in Beacon Hills. So it really sucked that she was the one to spot her deceased body first.

"Idioms" Ms. Blake began as she walked around the classroom "analogies, metaphors, and similes, all tools the writer uses to tell their story. Lydia . ." looking down at the strawberry blonde, who was drawing a tree "I wasn't aware you had so many hidden talents"

"You and every guy I've ever dated" she replied, looking up at the teacher

"Oh, um, well, that was an idiom, by the way" smiling uncomfortably, continuing to slowly walk around the classroom "idioms are something of a secret to the people who know the language or the culture. They're phrases that only make sense if you know key words. Saying jump the gun is meaningful only if you know about the starting gun in a race, or a phrase like seeing the whole board"

"Like chess" Stiles muttered

"That's right, Stiles" looking at him "do you play?"

"Uh, no" shaking his head slightly "my father does"

"Now, when does an idiom become a cliche?" She asked, addressing the whole class

Nova couldn't help but watch Ms. Blake, as she did most of the time she substituted for the other teachers, especially since all of the sacrifices began the moment she stepped into Beacon Hills. Enjin especially didn't like her, often expressing how he felt by burning the small notebook Nova always carried in order to communicate with him, she always found his words amusing toward Ms. Blake, but didn't say anything to the others, not wanting to accuse the substitute for something she may not be responsible for. But her gut said otherwise.

"I think I can get to Ethan" Scott said lowly "I'm pretty sure I can make him talk"

"What do you want to do that for?" Stiles asked, looking at him

"The druids are emissaries, right?" shrugging slightly "so what if the Darach was an emissary to the alphas?"

"Okay, first of all, I cannot believe that we've gotten to the point where a sentence like, what if the Darach was an emissary to the alphas? actually makes sense to me" Nova muttered, gaining the boy's attention "second of all, we're gonna have a huge problem getting to Ethan"

"What's that?" Scott asked, looking at her

"Going through Aiden" Stiles replied "ever since he's been back at school, they're always together. How are we gonna separate them again?"

Nova leaned back in her seat, her head turning to look at the strawberry blonde, knowing that Aiden has a thing for her. Scott and Stiles looked at Nova for a moment, then at Lydia, who slowly looked up from her drawing, looking at the three of them,

"What now?" She asked

X

"Why are you even talking to me?" Ethan asked, looking at the Scott, Stiles and Nova "we almost tried to kill your friend. How do you know I'm not gonna kill another one?" looking at the spastic teen

"Is he looking at me?" Stiles asked, pushing himself off from the wall "are you threatening me?" taking a few steps forward "you know what I'm gonna do? I'm going to break off an extra large branch of Mountain ash, wrap it in wolfsbane, roll it in mistletoe, and shove it up your freaking –"

He was cut off by Nova holding out an arm, stopping him from walking up to Ethan completely, the redhead raising an eyebrow as she looked at the spastic teen,

"Easy killer" sarcasm in her voice

"We're talking to you because I know that you didn't want to try and kill anyone" Scott said, looking at Ethan as Nova slightly pushed Stiles back "and I think that if something like that happened now, you wouldn't do it again"

"You don't know what we owe them, especially Deucalion" Ethan replied "we weren't like Kali and Ennis when we met him. We weren't alphas"

"What were you?" Nova asked, stuffing her hands in her pockets

"Omegas" honesty in his voice as he looked a her "in actual wolf packs, omegas are the scapegoat, the last to eat, the one who has to take the abuse from the rest of the pack"

"So you and your brother were, like, the bitches of the pack?" Stiles asked

"Something like that" nodding slightly

"What happened?" Nova asked, looking at him

"They were killers" glancing down at the floor "I mean, people talk about us as monsters. Well, they were the ones who gave us the reputation. And our Alpha was the worst of them"

"Why didn't you guys just fight back?" Stiles asked "form voltron wolf, you know? Kick everyone's asses?"

"We couldn't" he replied "we didn't know how to control it back then"

"Deucalion taught you" Scott concluded

"And then, we fought" nodding slightly "we took down the whole pack, one-by-one. And by the time we got to our Alpha, he was begging for his life. And we tore him apart. Literally"

"What about your emissary?" Nova asked "they're all dead? Kali and Ennis' too?"

"All of them except for Deucalion's" looking at her

"You mean Morrell?" Stiles asked

A wince suddenly emitted from Ethan, placing a hand to his chest,

"What? What's wrong?" Scott asked "are you hurt?"

"Not me" shaking his head slightly "my brother"