Chapter 65

Three weeks later

All our friends were gathered for a party. And not like a house party; we had set up a huge campfire on the beach complete with s'mores, chips, and soda.

Carter who was with Carlie, Matt who was with Reese, Hayes, and Cameron who was joined with our newest edition, Montana. And of course me and Shawn.

"What a way to end Summer, huh guys?" Cameron laughed, poking a hotdog onto a stick.

"A cliché way to end it," I grinned, lightly poking Shawn in the ribs.

"You'll never believe who called me today you guys," Hayes smirked. "That's right, my brother and his jerk cult leaders."

"You're kidding!" Reese laughed. "They finally got them?"

Hayes laughed. "Yep. He asked me to bail them out! As if!"

"Good thing I got out of that mess," Cameron smiled and wrapped his arm around Montana.

"So it's Nash, Taylor, Ricky, Jack, Jack, and Tessa?" Carlie asked.

Hayes grimaced. "Yep. I talked to my parents about it and they decided that Nash should stay there for a long time."

"For a good reason though," Matt added.

"I don't know if I told you guys, but yesterday Emmett's movie was officially wrapped!" I boasted.

"Oh yeah, how was that for him?" Carter asked. "What's the movie called?"

"It's called, Alone and Dead and he couldn't stop talking about how he got to die in the movie." I rolled my eyes.

"Cheerful kid," Matt commented.

"Still, I'm happy for him," Carter said.

Shawn checked his watch. "Hey, I've got to get home. My mom wants me early for some reason."

"Buzzkill!" Hayes mocked.

Shawn gave a short laugh and looked around the circle. "I'm gonna miss you guys."

"Shawn, we're seeing you tomorrow!" Carlie laughed. "I know we're awesome, but..."

"Let's get you home," I said. "See you later guys," I waved goodbye at the group and caught up to Shawn, who was already walking.

"Hey, what was that back there?" I asked playfully, tangling my fingers in his. "You're not dying tomorrow, right?"

Shawn sighed heavily and let go of my hand. My heart pounded. He never did that....

"Abrielle, I have to tell you something, I just didn't want to say it in front of the group."

I swallowed hard. "You're leaving, aren't you?"

He gave me a sad smile. "I knew you'd figure it out. Yeah, I'm leaving. Tomorrow."

"Tomorrow?" I squeaked, tears welling up in my eyes.

He grabbed both of my hands, and I was too stunned to pull away.

"Are you mad at me Abi?"

I wanted to be, so so badly. I shook my head slowly. "No Shawn, I- I could never be."

He looked down at the ground. "I-I'm sorry I ruined your Summer," he murmured.

I cupped his chin with both hands and gently lifted his face up.

My heart dropped when I saw tears on his cheeks.

"Shawn. Listen to me." I said firmly. "You are one of the best things that has ever happened to me. Don't you dare act like anything is your fault. You- you made my Summer the best ever, best I've had in a long time."

He wrapped me in a bear hug, nuzzling his face into my shoulder.

"I'm sorry for everything," he whispered.

I leaned back and kissed him, long and slow and passionate because I knew I'd probably never see him again and that broke my heart into a million pieces.

"Let's tell the others tomorrow," I grimaced, intertwining my fingers with his and walking along the empty beach.

******

"Bags packed?" I asked weakly as he loaded them into his parents car.

He nodded and smiled through the pain. "Yep."

Summer was finally coming to a close.

I made friends, lost friends, landed some friends in jail, got kidnapped, partied, and met possibly, the love of my life.

Who was going all the way back to Canada.

"I'll meet you at the airport," I whispered, kissing his forehead softly.

I watched him drive off with his family after witnessing a teary Aaliyah say goodbye to her new best friend, Emmett.

Carlie, Reese, and Montana pulled me in for a hug while I sobbed.

"It'll be okay, I promise," Reese said softly, stroking my hair.

"Stay strong for Shawn, Abi," Montana added.

I nodded and wiped my tears away, getting into the car and driving off towards the airport.

----

Hey guys! Hello.

Some of you have been asking about a sequel, and I'm afraid that's not going to happen :( I just have other stories to work on, so check those out maybe?

Thank you for the lovely comments and feedback! And almost a 100k views, holy shit.

Thanks again!

Sophia💕