Chapter 59

"Shawn!" I screamed, shaking his shoulders. "Shawn please! Wake up!"

His head lolled to the side, but no air escaped his lips.

Tears rolled down my face, thick and fast.

"Shawn," I whispered, slapping his chest with my palms. "Shawn."

"Move," Matt shoved me roughly out of the way and started kissing Shawn, wait- not kissing, blowing air into his lungs.

I sat in silence, trying to ignore the throbbing in my side where I was pushed on the ground.

Matt continued his strange kissing until a tiny cough was heard.

My heart thudded uncontrollably in my chest as Shawn let out a soft groan.

"Shawn-?" I whispered.

He coughed, and tried to raise his head.

Tears poured down my cheeks. "You're alive," I sobbed into his shoulder. He was still dazed.

I heard sighs of relief around me, and the pit in my stomach lifted.

I held Shawn so tight I was afraid he would stop breathing again.

Cameron and Matt stood up Shawn and Cameron threw him over his back in a fireman carry.

Carlie gave me a tight squeeze and started to guide me back to the car. I didn't even realize how hard I was shaking.

We drove to the hospital in an anxious silence, desperate for medical attention.

"You kids again?" The annoying nurse snapped. "First you barge in here all suspiciously, then you break out your friend! What can you possibly want now?"

Wordlessly, I pointed to Shawn, Hayes, and Carter.

The nurse's eyes widened as she quickly called for gurneys.

"I'd stay here," she said hurriedly, carting the boys off to hospital rooms.

I sank down in the nearest chair and buried my face in my hands, too burnt out to cry while thinking;

what have I done??

-----

wOAH an update???

Hai guys. I have a few more chapters to wrap up then done!

Thank you soooo much for 54k reads, ilyasm <3

Some people have been commenting and correcting me on my writing. Don't do that. it's seriously rude. I love comments! Just not mean ones. Thanks guys ily.

-Sophia💕