Chapter 61

I screamed loudly, and Cameron frantically slammed his hand down on the doctors button.

"Oh my god..." I cried, shaking his shoulders. "Oh my god Shawn...."

Doctors burst into the room and rushed us out, going to work on him.

I was helpless. So were my friends. There was nothing I could do for him.

I could only sink down into a chair and sob.

Matt and Carter were fighting tears too. Hayes and Cameron just looked helpless, while Reese and Carlie looked sympathetic.

After about an hour, a doctor came out in scrubs.

"Is that your friend in there?" He said kindly.

We nodded silently.

The doctor sighed. "Apparently, his ribs were taped wrong, pushing one too far in, puncturing his lung and causing massive undetectable internal bleeding. We've assessed the situation. Trust me, he's in good hands.

I burst into tears, I couldn't stop. So much for never crying.

"He was just starting to get better!" I wailed.

Reese hugged me close and rubbed my back.

"Is he dead?" Hayes asked in a voice barely above a whisper.

"Yes, well- he was, but only for about a minute." The doctor said. "We were just able to get to him and shock his heart back up while repairing the damage to his lung."

I breathed a shaky sigh of relief and collapsed into a chair. I had had enough drama to last three lifetimes.

"I'm going to call Mr. Mendes' parents into the room to check up on Shawn. Maybe you can see your friend later."

The doctor gave a sympathetic smile and left.

"Carter how's your head?" I asked, trying to make weak conversation.

He smiled slightly before pressing his fingertips to his temple. "It hurts and I get really dizzy sometimes but other than that, it's better."

"Hayes, what about your hand?"

He held up his bandaged hand. "Still stitched up, I guess."

"Any sign on your brother?" Carlie asked.

Hayes scowled. "No. I never want to see him again. Ever. I hope he's still lying in that warehouse."

I bit my lip and stared at the floor guiltily. I felt like this was all my fault.

It was silent for a minute or two until the clicking of heels were heard on the floor.

I looked up to see Mrs. Mendes running towards me.

"Abrielle!" She cried, throwing herself into my arms. "Oh, thank you, thank you!"

I awkwardly patted her on the back. "Erm- thanks for what?"

"For saving Shawn. You're his savior, Abrielle."

And with that she pulled back with teary eyes and departed.

-----

Update, as requested! :)

I couldn't kill Shawn are you guys crazy omg.

Hope you enjoy! I wrote this at like four in the morning lol.

-Sophia💕