Chapter 60

"Okay... Okay... Let me get this straight. You expect me to believe a bunch of banged-up kids that come in here and tell me a teenage cult tried to mutilate and kill your boyfriend?" Sounds like a bad twilight spinoff if you ask me." The police officer propped his legs up on his desk and bit into a donut, getting powdered sugar all over the place.

"It's true!" I insisted, slapping my hand down on the table. "It all happened! Why won't you believe me?"

The officer leaned in close, and spoke softly. "I suggest you tone it down Miss. I don't like the attitude I'm getting from you. Take a seat. Now."

I flinched, trying to ignore the flecks of powered sugar jumping off his lips; and sat down.

"I'll see what I can do, but this is California, and in California there's crime so we're a little backed up on cases right now. Take a breath. Here's my card, call me if you're still concerned about this so-called cult."

I huffed and snatched the card out of the officer's pudgy fingers and read the card. 'Officer Hudley' It said in fancy script.

I scoffed and threw the card in the trash on the way out, making sure he could see.

Cameron was waiting outside the office, but instantly approached me when he saw the look of anger on my face.

"What happened in there?" He asked anxiously.

"I'll tell you at the hospital," I said bitterly, grabbing his arm and leading him out into the parking lot.

I opened the door to the car, but Cameron slammed it shut. "Abi!" He yelled.

"What?" I snapped.

His voice softened. "What happened."

I shrugged. "Just an asshole cop not believing my story."

Cameron's face fell. "Oh."

We got in the car and made our way to the hospital silently.

I decided to break the silence. "Any sign of Magcon?"

Cameron's grip tightened on the steering wheel. "No," He stated.

I opened my mouth to ask more, but didn't. I could tell he wasn't in the mood for talking.

It was a surprise I didn't run into the hospital, I was so excited.

"Abi wait up!" Cameron jogged after me.

I burst through the double doors of the hospital, and since I had been there so often, the lady at the desk barely glanced up at me.

"Go on in, they're waiting." She said dully.

I raced down the hallway and threw open the door to find Matt, Reese, Carlie, Hayes and Carter gathered around Shawn's bedside.

"Hey babe," I grinned, kissing his cheek.

Hayes pretended to gag. "Save it for later. Ew."

I giggled and kissed Shawn again, but pulling back when he winced.

My heart hurt for him. Two broken ribs, a fractured wrist, stitches across his nose because of those sick boys.

My thoughts were interrupted when Carlie leaned over to kiss Carter. I raised an eyebrow.

"You guys are dating?" I asked.

knowing looks and chatter was exchanged, and suddenly there was a silence and a long beep.

Shawn had stopped breathing. His heart wasn't beating.

He was dead.

-----

What's this I spy? An update???

Holy shit. 62k. How. How. And almost 1000 votes! That's incredible. I'm like freaking out. I had to update for you guys.

Do you think Shawn will die? ;) not telling anything, but you guys really will hate me in the next chapter ahaha.

Thanks for reading!!

-Sophia💕