Chapter 3

Abrielle's POV

I hung my head and walked over with Reese and Carlie to get our passes. Reese wandered over with a concerned look on her face.

"Hey, you ok?" She took my wrist and gave it a squeeze. "Ricky doesn't seem like himself. Is he alright?" I looked up at my gorgeous friend, her light brown hair tucked behind her ear.

I sighed. "Ever since his older sister died from that car accident, he hasn't been the same. He's started drinking and smoking. I've tried to help but whenever I do, he just gets angry." Reese let go of my wrist and rubbed my back.

"Hey, it'll be ok. Remember, this is supposed to be the best summer ever!" I smiled gratefully at her, and she gave my wrist one last squeeze and ran back to Taylor, who embraced her in a hug from behind. I glanced at Cameron and Carlie. They were paying for our passes, their fingers always touching.

I sighed wearily. I wish Ricky would act more like Cameron and Taylor. Jeez. After hanging around with them for so fricking long you think he might have picked up some sort of dating tips.

I let my eyes wander around, smelling the salty breeze and letting my long brown hair ruffled in the wind. I felt like I was searching for something, but I didn't know what.