Chapter 15

Shawn's POV

I was on the beach, listening to music on my phone while suntanning.

I hummed quietly to the melodies when suddenly, I felt something hard drop on my back.

"Ow!" I turned over and looked up. Nash was standing above me, a smirk on his face. I picked up the thing he dropped on me, a football.

"Hey princess," he smirked. "Wanna throw?" I sat up. "Sure."

We started throwing the ball when Nash spotted these two girls talking and laughing. They actually weren't bad looking.

Nash waved them over and I cursed myself to the deepest pit in hell. Why couldn't I have any confidence with girls?

"Hey ladies," Nash flashed the girls a grin. Their eyes bulged out of their sockets. "Nash? Nash GRIER?"

"The one and only." The girls looked at each other and I suddenly recognized them. They were friends with Abrielle, I had seen them with her at the theme park.

"Hey, you guys know Abrielle?" I asked.

The blonde girl spoke up. "Uh, Abrielle is our best friend! How do you know her?"

"Oh, I uh, met her at Wonder World." The brunette smiled. "Cool. I'll tell her you said hi."

The blonde girl piped up again. "You guys should totally come to this huge party tomorrow night! Everyone is going to be there." I scratched my head, "uhhh, maybe, sure, I mean-"

Nash cut in, "Sounds great ladies. Wanna throw?" He held up the ball.

"No thanks," the brunette said politely. "We have to go. Bye Nash, bye, uh, what's your name?"

"Shawn," I replied.

"Well nice meeting you Shawn. Hope to see you guys at the party!" They stalked off the beach, long legs shiny from their tans.

Nash grinned lazily. "Now that's what I call California beach babes."

"Dude, forget it." They're probably taken," I rolled my eyes. Nash threw the football without warning and it hit me in the stomach.

"Really? Really Nash?" I groaned. He snickered. "Sucka throoow!" I rolled my eyes, something I did a lot nowadays.

"Let's just go do something productive." And I jogged off the beach in the direction of the girls, leaving Nash dumbfounded with a football in hand.

I was going to that party.