Chapter 63

"Can you walk?"

"Here- Matt, hold him up."

"Ow! That hurt."

It was finally time to leave the hospital. Everyone was excited and tensions were running high.

Shawn hobbled out of the hospital doors surrounded by Matt, Cameron, Carter, and Hayes, who were helping him.

"Shawn is better now so that means I get less food at dinner!" Aaliyah pouted.

Emmett giggled. "If he was a zombie, he'd eat your brains."

I ruffled his hair and gave him a light push. "You have zombies on your mind too much. When is filming wrapping up?"

"Next week!" Emmett boasted. "Except I'm going to miss my friends and I have to wear a tux-eedo to the opening night. You're coming, right?"

I smiled. "Of course I am. Now go get Dad and tell him to take you to Wonder World."

Emmett bounded away with Aaliyah and I turned to Shawn who was struggling to get in the car.

"Are you ok?" I asked fretfully.

Carter laughed. "Abi, he's fine. You sound like a concerned mom. If you lied in a bed for like three weeks you would hurt too."

Shawn grimaced and clutched Hayes's arm. "No, Abi is right. It hurts like hell."

"Ha!" I shot at Carter.

Cameron gave a light laugh. "I don't think that's something to be smug about Abi."

"I'll meet you guys at my house." Shawn called, pulling the car door shut.

"Thank you for your help, all of you." Mrs. Mendes smiled at us through the open car window and drove away.

I bit my lip nervously, staring at the car as it drove off.

I felt a warm hand on my shoulder and turned around, staring into the eyes of Hayes.

"What's up?" I asked.

He bit his lip while his blue eyes darted around nervously. "I need to tell you something..." He whispered.

He led me into the shadows of the palm trees.

"Hayes, what's wrong?? I started to get alarmed at the cold look on his face.

"My brother.... He knows where I am, where we are. And he said if I didn't turn you in for information, he'd kill me." Hayes' eyes started to water with fright.

"I don't understand..." I said, trying to process what information he gave me.

"Now." Hayes said.

Suddenly, Jack and Jack jumped out of the shadows and grabbed my arms, twisting them behind my back.

I screamed until I felt their release, realizing that Carter and Cameron had them in headlocks, screaming at me to run.

"They're going to kill me Abi!" Hayes screamed desperately, tears welling up in his eyes.

I stopped running and turned around to see Ricky dragging Hayes away from me.

With a surge of adrenaline, I lunged forwards and punched Ricky in the nose so hard, he stumbled backwards into the bushes. I yanked a startled Hayes off the ground and ran to Matt's truck, revving the engine and signaling for Cameron and Carter to hurry up and get in.

As soon as they jumped in the back with the two Jack's on their heels, I pulled out of the hospital parking lot and with a squeal of the tires, shot home.

-----

I'm so sorry for the late update <3

I should have updated sooner and I'm sorry, but thank you for all the compliments on my book! It really gives me a writing inspiration and I appreciate it a lot!

I've just been really busy but I never thanked you guys for 1k votes! Thank you!

Much love,

Sophia💕