Chapter 27

Abrielle's POV

Ohmygod ohmygod ohmygod. That's what was going through my head when he started to lean in.

I couldn't say I didn't have feelings for him.

But I just broke up with Ricky.

A small voice in the back of my head said something like-

"Oh, screw it all. Summer doesn't last forever. Why wait?"

The point is, I leaned in too.

Our lips met.

The kiss started off slowly, building up tension as we kissed longer.

I felt like the kiss was releasing all the feelings I had inside of me.

Anger.

Confusion.

Sadness.

You know, happy emotions like that.

My lips parted and I sighed against his mouth. He grabbed my waist gently and I placed my hands on his chest.

His lips were like.... Well, heaven. They had the faint taste of peppermint and vanilla and they were soft.

I had never kissed anyone with this much passion.

All these thoughts were whizzing through my mind at the speed of light as I kissed Shawn.

Finally, I pulled back, out of breath, my cheeks flushed and my eyes shining.

My stomach felt like it had been turned into a mosh pit.

Shawn smiled in the darkness, the moonlight glinting off his teeth.

I cleared my throat. "Uh, thanks?"

Wow. Real fucking romantic.

Shawn laughed. "I really like you Abrielle," he said, his voice a little rough from the kiss.

I smiled at him, and gave him another kiss, soft and sweet, on the lips.

"C'mon, I'll walk you home," Shawn grabbed my hand and I wrapped my fingers around his slender ones.

He dropped me off at my doorstep, and brushed my hair out of my eyes, a simple gesture, friendly and sweet.

"Thanks Shawn...." I slid my hand out of his. "Not just for tonight but you know.... For everything....."

"Bye Abrielle," was his answer.

And he slipped away.

I banged on the door. "Emmett! Open up!" I heard the door unlock and there stood Emmett in the threshold, fresh tears shining on his face.

"Emmett!" I gasped. "What happened?"

Emmett sniffed and buried his head into his hands. "Dad.... He's.... He's...."

"He's what, Emmett he's WHAT?" I grabbed him my the shoulders and shook him roughly.

"Abi, Daddy's DEAD!" Emmett screamed.

"No!" I screamed. "No no NO!" I pushed past him and looked around.

"Dad? DAD!?" I screamed for him in desperation.

He suddenly wandered into the living room.

"Dad?" What the HELL?" I grew surprised, and then angry.

My father grinned. "It's ok, sweetie, I'm not dead. Emmett is working on an audition for tomorrow. Pretty good, huh?"

Emmett came up behind me, giggling. "You totally fell for it!" He burst out laughing." I growled and pushed past the both of them.

I hate living with boys. I really do.

I collapsed on my bed, not even bothering to take of my party dress.

I fell asleep as soon as my head hit the pillow.

But I couldn't avoid the dreams.

Not tonight.

--------

I've never had my first kiss.

(Authors note, I wrote this in July 2014, I had my first kiss on August 2015. Life is good and I hope you all get your first kisses soon!)

I'm a loser.

Haha.

Anyway, thanks for all your support you guys! I love you all.

-Sophia💕