Chapter 51

Shawn's POV

Abi covered her mouth with her hands when I finished reading the short note.

I only picked up on one thing.

They had Emmett and Aaliyah.

And if we didn't get there soon.... I tried to swallow back the bile in my throat.

I finally found Abrielle's hand and she turned to me, her face as white as a ghost.

She tried to say something but stopped, swallowed and she spoke again.

"C-can we go now?" She asked in a voice barely above a whisper.

If I spoke, I couldn't imagine my voice being any better.

It was Matt who immediately sprang into action.

He grabbed his wallet and car keys and motioned us towards the door.

"Hayes- stay with Carter," I ordered.

He stood up angrily. "Are you fucking kidding? My brother has two ten year olds hostage and you expect me to sit still at Carter's bedside? I don't think so. I'm going, whether you like it or not."

"I'll stay," offered Carlie.

"What? Carlie, you don't-" Abrielle protested.

"No. I want to stay. I don't want to see Cameron again." She added bitterly.

And with that, she swung a chair around right next to Carter's bedside.

Maybe I imagined it, but he seemed to smile a little in his sleep.

"Abi, you're going with me. Hayes, go with Matt. Reese, who do you want to ride with?"

Abrielle glared at me. "Shawn! We don't have time for this! Let's go!"

We dashed out of the hospital earning angry yells from the nurses.

"There's the car," I pointed. Me and Abi ran too it and threw the door open. "Where's Reese? She must've gone with Matt and Hayes."

Abi only whimpered as I started the car and whipped out of the parking lot.

"Can we just see if they're home?" She asked hopefully.

I nodded tightly and pulled to the side of the road, next to the beach and the apartment complexes.

"Go see if Aaliyah is home," she instructed. "And pick me up here."

Abrielle's POV

"Dad? Dad? Are you home?" I called. He walked in, with some headset on.

"Hey, what's up?"

"Dad, where's Emmett?"

"I don't know. How about the beach?"

I gave my Dad a hug, not even entirely sure if I would see him again. That thought depressed me. He yelled something after me but I was already out the door.

I ran outside where Shawn was waiting in the car. "Any luck?" He called. I shook my head miserably. His shoulders slouched.

I hopped in car car and fastened my seatbelt. "If they are at the Magcon, er, headquarters? Meeting place? We need to get there soon, and soon I mean now."

He gave my hand a nervous squeeze and we squealed onto the freeway.

Reese's POV

"So, um, this is very.... I couldn't find the words for it. Action-y? I have no clue.

I impatiently pulled my long brown hair into a ponytail. I noticed Matt looking at me sideways and I blushed.

"You might want to keep your eyes on the road." I said quietly.

He nodded. Even when he was angry or determined, he always had the slightest of a smile. It was really quite cute.

"I can't believe Nash." Hayes muttered. "He tried to get me to join that.... That gang!"

"It'll be fine. I promise," Matt said, with a look that didn't look so promising.

"Poor Shawn and Abi," I stared out the window.

Matt took my hand, which was a surprising but pleasant gesture.

"I think they're going to be okay," he said seriously. "They have each other."

I just sat tight-lipped as we drove down the highway

Carlie's POV

I sat by Carter's bedside talking softly to him and holding his hand.

I don't really know why I volunteered to stay with him.

He smiled slightly in his sleep, and it looked cute.

Suddenly, his heart rate monitor started to show his heart beating stronger, faster.

His eyes twitched under their lids and my own heart started to pound.

I grabbed his hand and wrapped it around my finger.

"Carter," I said softly. "If you can hear me, will you squeeze my finger?"

Nothing, for a few seconds but slowly, his fingers gave mine a light squeeze.

"Good job," I whispered, tears shining in my eyes. "Good job."

-----

So Carter's awake!!!

I just couldn't kill him or anything, that would be so mean of me.

I also added some new POV's!

Sorry for the late update! I'm probably going to either update later today or tomorrow.

Thank you so much for your support! I love your feedback about the story!

Thanks so much you guys!

-Sophia💕

Summer Savior || Shawn MendesOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara