Chapter 3 - Satiation

The hypnotic performance continued. The man with blue eyes commanded his section of the stage with a blazing passion, every movement of his was made with an intensity that could've easily been read as aggression. Perhaps it was.

Or perhaps it was a hunger.

The way his thick heeled black boots stomped that wooden stage with clear intention each time, to move from one position to another or to bounce along to the rhythm of the heavy music... How his fingers worked and intertwined with the strings of his sleek guitar... Every move of his told a story of searching, allowing his body to take itself exactly where it needed to be to find the sweet spot; whether that was standing perfectly in the effervescent white light from above or hitting the exact chord that would vibrate deeply through the guts of people in the crowd. People who found themselves uncontrollably starving for the next note. People like Rosemary.

By the time they'd finished that first song, the blonde was stood proudly with that expensive looking guitar strapped across his shoulder, his hand once again becoming entangled in those tussled curls of his. Up to the front of the stage came the other man who'd been singing. He clamped his microphone back onto the stand and began to speak into it, ignoring the vague cheers and yells in the crowd.

"Hello, folks. Are we having fun tonight?" A cheer came in response to the man's words, bringing a smirk to his illuminated face. There was something mischievous about him, in a way similar to Steph's strange nature. "Are we drinking tonight?" He grinned with a lifted expression, eyebrows raised playfully, and this time the cheer was much louder and more excited than before. This cheer had a sense of pride. "Fuck yeah, that's what I'm talking about." The man let out a husky chuckle, and it was clear to Rosemary that he was quite the charmer; he was handsome, too. But he didn't have that same hunger...

And so, her eyes once again migrated towards the singer on the left.

As the middle man spoke, his companion looked to be in a different world.
His eyes stared over the crowd, vague and distant as his jaw tensed absentmindedly. Still searching; still hungry. But lacking the intention and passion that he carried whilst performing. The girl, only meters away from him, found herself truly curious about what must have been running through his mind. Her curiosity came to a pause, however, when he blinked himself back into reality and his eyes drifted in another direction... in her direction. Before she could register it, their eyes were connected.

His eyebrows furrowed, as if he'd just seen something unusual - something wrong. Rosemary's own eyebrows furrowed, as if offended by the expression he'd suddenly taken on towards her... For a second she considered, no, he must be looking elsewhere... But she knew. By the time she'd fully processed that they were making eye contact, he'd turned his stare to the man beside him with a look of... concern?

He looked back at her one more time, and she realised she couldn't bring herself to look away; he broke the connection once again, shifting his focus back to the microphone before him.

From that small, quick interaction, all Rosemary could find herself thinking was... Interesting. Then she was suddenly listening to the bellowing frontman again.

"This next song is an original of ours. If you know it... good for you." He smirked once again with a shrug, earning a cheer from the crowd but a frown from Rosemary. She wasn't sure why she was finding him off putting... But that took nothing away from the fact that, when the instruments kicked back in, she was hooked; it was like an empty pit in her stomach was filled with each note that rang out, fulfilling her body and soul.

As they played the unfamiliar song, she only became more and more intrigued in this band - and the unsure glances being thrown her way by the striking guitarist. People sang along to this original tune, and the band encouraged the loud and enthusiastic reaction.
Rosemary was shocked to realise that the other people in this crowd already seemed completely familiar with this band that she'd found it so difficult to discover any information about... It brought up many questions, but the eclectic performance stole the space in her mind that those questions could've lingered in; it was undeniably mesmerising... Undeniably.