Chapter 5 - Overexposure

"I think you need this more than I do." Rosemary teased as she picked up the drink that Steph had left her on the bar - the only one out of the three not to be shattered or spilled during the action. Luke chuckled with a nod, taking the glass from her and sitting himself down on the stool that Victor previously occupied.

"Thanks." He smiled, then took a long, much needed sip of the drink. Rosemary gave him another once over before claiming her previous seat beside him, noticing that he'd closed the distance he'd originally put between them. She wondered whether he was aware - whether it was intentional. Then she looked around, realising that the other faces in the room were completely unfazed. As if there was never any sudden outburst of violence to disturb their peace.

"I'm surprised you didn't leave." Luke spoke up, returning Rosemary's attention to him once again whilst his eyes focused on the swirling mixture in the glass.

"What, and miss the show?" Rosemary raised an eyebrow at him, propping her elbow up on the bar. "That was almost as fun as watching you perform." Her chin rested on her hand, and Luke's eyes shot up to see the subtle smirk on her lips.

"Really? Did you take photos of this show too?" As the playful words left his lips, he worried that they may come across as rude - but the amused look on her face soon reassured him.

"I wish." She quipped, her eyes quickly scanning him up and down in a way that made him all too curious about her thoughts. "I bet I could've gotten some really good shots." The curiosity continued, his lip curling slightly upwards as her brazen attitude coaxed a smile out of him. He raised an eyebrow at her.

"Maybe next time."

"Next time, huh? Do you guys fight often?" Rosemary's intrigue was genuine as she asked her question, unknowingly losing Luke's eye contact once again. It seemed to her was just glancing off absentmindedly towards the stage; she wasn't aware of the thoughts that had taken him away. Whilst looking at the concealed stage, he answered her question.

"Not necessarily often... but enough to know this isn't the last time." He admitted with a coy smile, taking another sip of the drink before placing it down on the counter.

"Understandable." Rosemary nodded, her eyes following his hand to the glass now on the bar top. She reached her own hand out and picked the glass up. "You don't mind, right?" The question was almost rhetorical, the drink was already so close to her lips.

"Go ahead." Rosemary took a sip of the drink, then smiled at Luke before looking around the room once again. Her eyes peered over at the stage, noticing how different it looked when not brought to life by the spirit of a band. It almost looked abandoned. Luke noticed where her eyes had wandered; his own eyes wandered there often. Now they wandered to her face, then the drink in her hand. Then to the camera in her lap.

"The photos you took, of the performance... Can I see them?" As he asked the question, his jaw tensed slightly; not only was he worried to cross a boundary, knowing already that Rosemary seemed protective of that camera, but he was worried to possibly see the pictures of his own performance...
Rosemary turned to stare at him again, swirling the drink absentmindedly in her hand. She glanced down at her camera, then over at the empty space behind the bar, and then towards the back of the room where Steph and Victor had disappeared to. She looked back at Luke. She nodded.

Wordlessly, she placed the drink down and pulled the precious camera out of its bag, clicking open the camera roll and clicking through. Her eyes shot to Luke and she smiled softly. "Come here then." Jerking her head back, she gestured Luke over. He got up, half excited and half nervous as he walked behind her to see the photos. One hand reached to rest on the bar behind Rosemary's back, whilst the other slipped into his pocket. He leaned over her slightly as she scrolled through the pictures, trying to keep a comfortable space between them.