Chapter 32 - Found

Photo above is an original edit by me. Please enjoy this chapter :)

-

The wait to search for Sebastian wasn't a long one - but to Luke, it felt eternal. Helena had discovered that disturbing information about the blood binding on the spell only hours after they'd brought Rosemary back to Luke's and they were ready to go after Sebastian in the morning.

Luke would've been happy to go on his own the minute he found out they needed his blood. He had to be reminded to think rationally and realise that simply would not work out... But together, they had a plan.

Luke, Helena and Calum all made their way to Rosemary's house, knowing deep down that Sebastian and Vera wouldn't be stupid enough to still be there... But they held out a little hope as they tricked their way into the apartment, slipping through the front entrance and the door to Rosemary's home unnoticed... Finding it empty.

The space felt strange, after all that had happened. Almost eerie, like hallowed ground.

The worst part was that spare room, where Luke and Helena had interrupted the spell and saved Rosemary; it seemed that either Sebastian or Vera had woken up pissed to find out they'd fucked up, and took it out on the room. Bedsheets thrown off the bed, bedside table flipped on its side, wooden bed frame splintered from being kicked. The lamp that was used to knock out Vera was still strewn across the floor, but it seemed to be further from where it was left.

Specks of dry blood from Sebastian's head injury - courtesy of Luke.

They didn't spend long there. It was clear that their target was nowhere to be seen, and they didn't want to waste anymore time... But Luke's mind lingered. Considering how cruel it was of them to turn Rosemary's own home into such an unsafe, uncomfortable place for her. It only fuelled his anger towards them even more.

"We need to find them. We need to find him." Luke growled as he tugged his fingers through his hair, his friends nodding in agreement.

"I could try to track them with a spell..." Helena began, scratching her chin in deep thought as her eyes narrowed slightly. "I feel like they're smart enough to cover their asses, though. Make themselves untraceable."

"We might not have to do that." Calum suddenly muttered, turning everyone's attention his way. "I think I know where they might be."

Back at Luke's apartment, Michael and Rosemary were sat in the living-room playing video games to distract from... Everything. Michael had volunteered to stay with Rosemary, knowing that Calum and Luke - although either of them would have been glad to stick around - had more reason to go after Sebastian. And Helena, well, she had the power, of course.

"You're better at this than Luke, you know?" Michael pointed out to Rosemary who'd just come first place in a car racing game.

"Really? I'm gonna have to beat him too, then." She smirked as she crossed her legs up onto the sofa, prepared to play another round.

"It won't be difficult, trust me." Michael scoffed, making Rosemary chuckle in response. "We've been playing together for years now and he still hasn't caught up with my expertise." Michael jokingly flipped his hair to add to his sarcastic arrogance.