Chapter 33 - The Unknown

Photo above is an original edit by me. Please enjoy this chapter :)

-

It was surprisingly easy for the group to get Sebastian and Vera back to Helena's home unnoticed. Whilst Helena's spell suspended the magic inside of their hotel rooms, the charmed cuffs would keep them powerless for as long as they stayed on, so they were no match for the trio who carted them away after the confrontation.

Helena's house was large - even bigger than it looked on the outside, in fact. She had a basement, and that's where they decided to keep their hostages. It was more of a wine cellar, really, but it was away from the magical resources that Helena had stored on the first and second floor and that felt necessary.

They sat the untrusted duo on wooden chairs, cuffed arms behind the back of the seat to keep them secure, watching them struggle and let out muffled protests - at least, Sebastian did. Vera seemed to be on autopilot, her eyes often finding the floor when they weren't glued desperately to her counterpart as if she was trying to send him a telepathic message - or spite him for getting them into that situation.

Her state of disconcerted shock was further intensified by Helena suddenly pulling out a long, thin syringe with a sharp tip that glistened in the light as she took a leisurely step towards the pair and Luke and Calum - who had secured them in their seats - took a step back as if allowing the witch to take centre stage.

"So, Sebastian. I'm gonna need a little something from you, and I think it'll be easier for both of us if you agree to it rather than me just taking it, alright?" She spoke with faux concern, twisting the syringe in her hand and seeing Sebastian's wide, confused eyes watch its every move. "You used blood in your spell against Rosemary. Don't worry, I've done my research, I figured out what you're up to... I just need to undo it, and for that I'll need your blood, get it?" With that, she leaned forward and tore the tape from his lips, earning am abrupt yelp in return from Sebastian who didn't expect that sudden sensation.

He spent a second catching his breath. His eyebrows seemed to furrow, considering what Helena had just said... Then, an uncanny looking smile crept onto his face.
Helena's eyebrows furrowed, along with Luke and Calum's - deep down, horrified by the slow laugh that was beginning to bubble up and escape from the restrained man.

"What's so funny?" Luke spat, taking a step forward only for Calum to reach out his hand and stop his movements with a hand to the chest, earning him a confused scowl.

"You fuckers really think it'll be that easy? You take my blood and that's it, you can undo my spell?" He mocked, only further irritating those around him - even Vera frowned. "Idiots."

"You used your blood to bind the spell, we know that. We have the rest of the ingredients, we just-"

"Need my blood, I get it. But I don't think you get it." He interrupted Helena coldly, making her jaw tense... She wanted to respond immediately. However, a deep nagging feeling told her that maybe he was right - that she was missing something. And that stung a bit. Luke felt like his teeth could crack with how hard he was grinding them - he was running out of patience.

"Quit fucking around. He's just talking shit so we don't take his blood-"

"Oh, go ahead and take my blood, it won't get you far." Sebastian spat, his eyes burning holes into Luke as he did. Luke was clearly frustrated, even if he tried to present it as rage. "It's not just a spell done with blood. It's a spell done by blood. You get it yet?"

"What-" Helena began to shoot back, but then it hit her. Struck her, deep in her stomach... Everybody could see her face shift, fall, whiten.

"...What- what's that even mean? Helena?" Calum spoke up nervously, and a scowl grew on Sebastian's already unpleasant face.