Chapter 19 - Face to Face

Photo above is an original edit by me. Please enjoy this chapter :)

-

Endless cups of strong black coffee were the only thing getting Rosemary through work the next day. Even with the continuous caffeine fix keeping her awake, her mind drifted and stole her focus away every chance it got. She forwent eye makeup that day, knowing full well that rubbing her eyes would be inevitable - and it was. By the end of her workday, her eyes were so tired and dry that even her coworkers could recognise how exhausted she was.

Despite this, she didn't want to go home. Knowing - or assuming - that Sebastian would be there when she arrived was off putting to her... Although her eyes begged for sleep, she did not give herself the benefit - instead, she pulled out her phone and made a phone call.

Luke was at home playing video games with Michael when his phone started ringing. He looked at the screen and was quick to press pause on the game.
"What- wait, what-" Michael blurted abruptly, his eyes widening at the paused game before he realised Luke was standing up with his phone in his hand. "Ah- fair enough, whatever." He huffed, pursing his lips and dropping his controller onto his bed before he flopped onto his back.

Luke left the room before answering the phone, all the while knowing that Michael could hear the conversation if he really wanted to. On the other end of the call was Rosemary, asking Luke if he was free to go out for a drink, and of course he obliged.
To Rosemarys surprise, however, when she asked Luke if he had any recommendations for places for them to get said drink, he recommended...

"The Vault...?" He bit his lip uncertainly. Rosemary raised her eyebrows... she hadn't been back to The Vault since the night they met, almost two weeks ago - which was a surprise for both of them to realise, as it already felt like they'd known each other for so much longer...

"Will there be another fight? Should I bring my camera?" She smirked, and Luke scoffed amusedly.

"Sorry to disappoint but I plan to keep it civil." He smiled, trying not to think too much of his fight with Victor... Instead, he focused on Rosemary, who gladly planned to meet Luke at The Vault within the hour. Then, he started getting ready, eventually walking out of his room and graciously telling Michael where he'd be going.

"You're meeting? At The Vault?" Michael questioned, eyebrows raising in surprise, clearly wondering if it was a good idea...

"I just thought it made the most sense." Luke shrugged whilst pulling his jacket on. "Tell Helena, if you want." Luke pursed his lips before wandering towards the door.

"Wait- you sure?" Michael got up and followed Luke, eyebrows furrowed with a sense of concern. "You think nows a good time?"

"I don't know, Michael." Luke turned to face him, shaking his head somewhat irritably. "You know what? If it feels like it's the right time, then I'll let you know."

"Seriously?"

"Yep. Seeya." With that, Luke walked out of the door, ready to see Rosemary. In short time that they'd been apart, Luke had gone through an... interesting, conversation with Michael and Helena.
The same day that he'd gone home and spoke with Michael about Rosemarys powers, the pair went over to Helena's to further the conversation.

They walked through her door, once again making their way up to her inconspicuous library whilst Luke explained exactly what he'd previously told Michael about Rosemary dreams, memory and powers... They were sat in the library at Helena's busy desk by the time that Luke had spoken through the situation.

"...That's not possible." Helena stated firmly after Luke made the point that Rosemary had powers despite her disrupted memories. "That's absolutely not possible. You damage the temporal lobe- especially the hippocampus - and that's it, magic cannot function." She frowned, digging through the pile of books on her desk and finding the one which had that familiar symbol inscribed on the front. From within those aged pages, she pulled out some handwritten notes and set them down in front of her on the desktop.