Chapter 3

Chapter 3

Thump...

    Thump...

        Thump...

My heart thudded against my ribcage, as I felt myself getting dizzy. "Hey, Willow get a grip!" Hunter whispered harshly to me, before pulling me against him. "Follow my lead." He said tightening his grip on me.

Suddenly a gigantic grey wolf appeared, power emitted from his body. Deimos released a low growl, as if to warn us. "Listen Alpha, I'd hate for your mate to get hurt. Back away slowly with your wolves." Hunter negotiates. Deimos snarled, but slowly followed Hunter's orders.

"Keep going." Hunter spat, glaring dangerously at Deimos. Deimos back away slowly disappearing. "Is he really gone?" I asked lowly. Hunter glanced down at me, and nodded giving a cheeky grin. "Can't believe that actually worked." He replied.

"It wasn't suppose to work." I mumbled. "He was my mate, he should've ignored your orders and rescued me anyway." Sighing, I folded my arms across my chest. For some reason I felt betrayed.

Hunter shrugged, "Deimos is heartless, you shouldn't expect him to risk his life, because trust me," He started while biting his lip, "He wouldn't."

I understood what Hunter meant, but it still hurt facing the facts. I nodded, stepping over a rock. "Let's get outta here." I grumbled.

* * * *

We ran in our wolf forms, barely grazing the tress. We stopped near a pond, which shimmered brightly from the setting sun.

"We'll be meeting the others here." Hunter said through our mind-link.

I nodded my head before laying down. Thoughts ran through my head, why didn't Deimos come for me? Was I not his mate? He had grown on me, I don't know whether it was a good thing or not. All I know was, I liked him. A lot...

It must be the bond getting to me.

Out of thin air about a dozen of wolves appeared from the dark woods surrounding us, all I personally knew. They, after all, were my family. They were a bunch of crazy wolves, who were uniquely different and were hated and abandoned because of that.

Ralph our leader, a light brown wolf, appeared. The other rogues made way for him, Ralph stepped in front of both me and Hunter. "That was reckless hunter, rescuing Willow. We all could have been discovered!" Ralph growled at Hunter, after shifting to his human form. He had already slipped on a pair of trousers. Everybody including Hunter and I did the same slipping on shirts and shorts.

Hunter flinched slightly, before replying "We're family, and we don't leave each other behind."

"We do if it means keeping the others safe!" Ralph snapped back. I didn't blame Ralph, after all what's more important? One grown rouge, or a whole group of rogues including little children? Ralph sighed, and smiled. "Though I'm happy we're all safe, and Willow was retrieved."

"Dad er-, Ralph we should really get back to no man's land before we are discovered." Laela, Ralph's daughter said nervously. Ralph nodded, "Let's get a move on everybody."

Suddenly we were cornered in by a bunch of other wolves. All of them looked like they took some magical steroid pills for wolves. All looked strong, and dangerous. But there was one, who caught my eye. Deimos, his gray wolf stood tall and proud. He released a loud snarl, causing many of my family to whimper. The gray wolf disappeared, and soon reappeared in human form wearing a pair of blue shorts.

"I want her." Deimos said in an menacing voice. "and I want that stupid mutt who helped her break out, I want him fucking killed! It's a crime to help escape somebody from their own mate."

Ralph remained calm, "Alpha Deimos I understand she is your mate but we cannot do so."

"Bull shit, she's mine!" Deimos argued.

"She's not yours, she's not anybody's!" Hunter yelled defending me.

Ignoring Hunter, Deimos replied, "I'll let everybody here go even that stupid mutt," Deimos started, referring to Hunter, "but you leave the girl with me, unless you want to wage war for her." Deimos finished, with a cruel smirk.

"I'm afraid I have to let you go Willow." Ralph said stiffly, though I could see the sorrow in his eyes. I nodded slowly understanding, it was me against the world. And everybody knows the world always ended winning in the end.

Besides, if I was staying with Deimos from now on, might as well give him hell. Deimos fast walk towards me grabbing a hold of my arm. "Thank you, you all will have until dawn to leave my territory or I will hunt each and every one of you."

Ralph nodded before telling the others to follow him, I watched all their retreating figures disappear into the thick wooded woods.

Hunter stared at me sadly, "Bye Willow."

Deimos growled at him, gripping me possessively. Hunter turned and ran to catch up with the group. And soon I was left all alone with Deimos and his pack.

"You're going to pay for running." Deimos mumbled into my ear, hugging me from behind. He breathed my scent, and exhaled loudly. "I missed you." Rage consumed my body. I slapped his hands of me, "Let's go." I said with no emotion. He glowered at me, before commanding his pack to lead us home.

What was I saying, I meant hell.

*********************************

Hey decided to give everyone a break and update. I bet you're all thinking "FINALLY" lol.

GOAL:

VOTES: 85

-Margareth V.