A Game of 10 Questions

'Let's play 10 questions.'

That was the first thing Lisa saw when she opened her cell phone. She didn't recognize the number but replied anyway.

'Who is this?'  It only took a moment for the latter to answer.

'I'll tell you at the end, but only if you'll play with me.'

'Rules?'

'None.'

'Fine. I get to start though,'  Lisa texted back. Normally she wouldn't... talk to strangers but she still had a half-hour on the bus to reach home, it was a Friday, and she was bored.

'Deal.'

Lisa Pov :

I decided I would start out trying to figure out who it was so I asked:'

1. Do I know you?'

It took longer for the latter to reply so I closed my phone and watched the passing houses and building pass by in a colorless blur of motion. It was dreary out today. The entire sky was a mix of grey and white, which seemed to make everything else look washed out and boring. There was no snow on the ground yet, but I knew it wasn't far away. When my phone did finally buzz I nearly jumped out of my skin. Flipping it open the reply flashed across the small white screen.

'You know me, but not well.

My turn.

1. What's your favorite color?'

I typed back quickly, having nothing better to do. It was an innocent enough question after all.

'I have a lot. But I'll have to go with all shades of yellow though.

2. Guy or girl?'

The reply was quicker than the last. 'Guy, unless you were referring to sexual preference, in which case I'd say: girl.' I could almost see him smirk at the end.

'2. Favorite music genres?'

I smiled as I typed.

'I was asking you if you were a female or male. Guy hmm?

I like all music except R&B but lean towards alternative and rock.

3. Do you go to my school?'

Glancing out the bus window I realized I still had a good twenty minutes until my stop, then a five-minute walk home. I hated living so far away from school, but in reality, it would be a ten-minute drive to or from school if not for all the other stops the public school bus had to make. I was saving up for a car, but still hadn't pulled together enough, even with allowance and a job. I wish I had a car like so many kids at my school did, the best of them belonging to my crushee, a yellow Infiniti. I love yellow.