𝙰𝚗𝚘𝚝𝚑𝚎𝚛 𝙳𝚊𝚢

"Come on, I can't have ONE cookie? For breakfast?" Dean asked, following his younger sister into behind the counter of their cafe. Technically, their father owned it, but since he passed, Dean took over, despite also being a police officer. He didn't want the stress of being the owner of the cafe to fall on Hei.

"No, Dean. I spent all morning making those. Do you know if Seth is coming in today?" Hei asked as she wiped her hands on her apron. "I don't see why he wo- Hey, don't change the subject! Let me get a cookie!" Dean huffed and stepped toward the tray, only for Hei to place a hand on his chest. "No." She pushed him back and picked up the tray so she could ring the cookies to the decorating table. The little doorbell rang and both Hei and Dean looked toward the door. It was Seth, followed by another, much larger man.

While Hei was still focused on the door, Dean swiped a cookie anyway. "My bad for being late. Dog got sick so I had to wait for someone to come and watch him." Seth sighed as he slipped on his apron. "Aww, poor baby! I'll stop by after work today and see if there's anything I can do." Hei frowned as the larger man stood at the counter. "Thanks, Hei." Seth smiled at her, his cheeks reddening slightly.

The little bell rung and Hei whipped around to see the larger man smiling at her. Hei returned the smile. "I'll be with you in just a second! Seth, clock in and start on the cookies for me, please?" She asked as she walked past the taller male, wiping her hands on her apron. "On it..?" He watched her walk away and glanced at the man behind the counter. "Uh, Roman. I'm here a lot, Hei and I are friends." He introduced himself as both Seth and Dean stared him down.

Seth just nodded and turned, beginning to walk away.

Soon, Hei came back to the counter. "Hey! The usual today?" She asked, beginning to tap on the touchscreen cash register. "Yeah..mind if I vent for a little bit too?" Roman asked, tracing patterns on the counter. "Mhm, Sure." Hei nodded, briefly walking off after Roman paid for his order. Dean was still glaring at Roman. If looks could kill, Roman would definitely be dead.

"Dean. Did you take a cookie?! After I told you no?" Hei asked, finally catching her brother's attention. "Nope." He glanced at her and smoothed his hair back as he went to the back, away from Roman's view. "He's not..your boyfriend or anything, is he? I'm not making anyone uncomfortable?" Roman asked, catching onto Dean's attitude. "No..he's just my..overprotective older brother." Hei sighed as she set Roman's coffee and mixed fruit cremé sandwich in front of him.

"Fuck.." Roman grunted, looking down. "Is everything okay?" Hei asked, tilting her head. "Nah, nah.. I'm fine." Roman waved it off and picked up his sandwich. "Thank you, Doll." Hei nodded. "I'm gonna go check on Dean for a second." She trotted off to the back office where Dean was throwing quick jabs at the air, a glare on his face. "Dean..?"

He didn't look at her. He continued to jab at the air, huffing. "Dean..come on, what's wrong?" She closed the door and he finally looked at her. His eyes held a softness that he only had with Hei. "Motherfucker is makin' googoo eyes at my baby sister, that's what's wrong." He looked away, trying to keep his front. The truth was that Dean was a little too overprotective of Hei, but would never dare to handle things in front of her. He didn't want to scare her with his violent and erratic behavior.

"Dean..This again? I'm only 3 years younger than you, why are you allowed to go on dates, but I'm not?" Hei asked. "Because, Hei!! You're too sensitive to be heartbroken by some pig who only wants-" Dean stopped himself and turned, angrily rubbing his face. Hei had flinched back at his yelling, whimpering. He heard her whimpering and turned, immediately walking over and giving her a hug. "I'm sorry.. I'm sorry, shhhhh.." He held her head into his chest and rubbed her hair.

Dean couldn't help himself. Men hitting on Hei made him unreasonably angry, even if the man in question had no bad intentions. It was the older brother in him that made him this protective of Hei. Ever since Hei was born, Dean's life had been rainbows and sunshine. He loved Hei, and of course, didn't want anything to happen to her. Although at times, he didn't want her to grow up. He wanted her to stay his unicorn-loving, innocent baby sister. It was hard to accept that she was grown.

"Hei, please don't cry, I'm sorry.." Dean mumbled, looking down at her. Hei pushed away from her brother. "I'm fine. It's time for you to go in anyway." She turned away, crossing her arms. Dean sighed, knowing he had pissed her off. "...I'll see you at home. Love you." He lightly ruffled her head and slipped his hands into his pockets, leaving the office.

After a bit, Hei finally emerged from the office herself, noticing Roman and Seth chatting away. They seemed to be joking about Hei. "You couldn't play leap frog with Hei. It'd be too easy." Seth chuckled, Roman soon following suit. "Just step right over her little ass." For context, Hei was around 4 feet and 8 inches tall.

"Excuse me? What's funny?" Hei placed her hands on her hips in a playful glare. "Nothin', Doll." Roman smirked. "Just, uh...I fucked up on one of the cookies and Roman thought it was hilarious." Seth lied, smiling at Hei. "Also, who the fuck still even plays leap frog anymore?!" Hei threw her hands up and they all burst into laughter.

Today was bound to be a long day.