𝚂𝚎𝚌𝚛𝚎𝚝𝚜 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝚖𝚘𝚛𝚎 𝚜𝚎𝚌𝚛𝚎𝚝𝚜

"Come on, Jimmy! You're clearly cheating!" Hei whined as she crossed the finish line after Jimmy's character

"Come on, Jimmy! You're clearly cheating!" Hei whined as she crossed the finish line after Jimmy's character. He laughed, throwing his head back. "How?! I'm just that good and you don't wanna admit it, Shorty." He nudged her just as the door unlocked.

"You hit me with the shell at the last second, that's cheating!" Hei pouted playfully, slugging Jimmy's shoulder. "That's not cheating! Just dirty play." He laughed before hearing Roman clear his throat. He stood next to the TV with a little girl hiding behind his leg.

"I'm sure everyone already knows her, but I wanted a proper introduction for Hei and Sami. This is Hazel, my daughter." He introduced before looking down. "Say hi. Remember Miss Heihei I told you about?" He asked. The girl poked her head out and shyly waved. Hei chuckled and waved back. "Did you really turn into a fox like daddy said? Are you a werewolf like daddy?" Hazel asked as she stepped out slightly. "I did!" Hei chuckled. "I'm actually.. something a little different. I'm a Kitsune. It's.. basically like a werewolf but a Fox version and without the full moons and stuff." Everyone in the room looked to her. "And you didn't tell us this whole time?!" Jey asked.

"Well.. no, I didn't want everyone to start treating me like I'm a fragile goddess or something." Hei rubbed her neck nervously as Roman grabbed her hand. "But Hei, that's practically what a Kitsune is. It's a being from the heavens. You are literally a goddess, whether you like it or not." He rubbed her hand before looking down at a confused Hazel. "You'll understand when you're a little older, Hazel." He chuckled and looked back at Hei. "Tell me more. We're all curious now." Everyone seemed to get comfortable, waiting for Hei to continue.

"H-hey, I wasn't born this way, I can't tell you everything!" She waved her hands, seeming to feel flustered with all the attention. "Can we.. just eat dinner, please?" Solo stood up and put a hand on her shoulder. "Yeah. We can." He took her into the kitchen, where they began to make their plates.

"Thank you, Solo. That's.. actually really out of character for you." Hei smiled softly. "What? Girl, I was just hungry." Solo shook his head as he began feeding his face. Hei laughed. "Fair enough." She began to make plates for Roman and Hazel, heading into the dining room with them. "Dining room, everyone!"

With everyone following her into the dining room, Hei set the plates down and tried to go make her own before Roman grabbed her wrist. "Let me make your plate for you. You just sit." He told her as he pulled out the chair next to his. "Roman.. I can-" Hei sighed when she noticed the pleading look in his eyes. She nodded and sat, Roman pushing her chair in for her. He then bent to gently kiss her forehead before walking off.

When he returned, he noticed Hazel stealing food from his plate. He chuckled, setting Hei's plate down. "Thief." He pinched her cheek before sitting down to finally eat.

———

With Hazel now in bed and everyone else asleep, Hei and Roman remained the only two awake.

Hei sat in bed, playing on her phone. She was getting ready to take a shower, but waited for Roman to finish his own shower. He soon exited the bathroom, wearing the same clothes, but he had a gentle grin on his face. "You showered and put on the same clothes?" Hei asked without even looking at him. "Pft, no." Roman sat next to her. "I was going to shower, but I wanted to shower with you." He leaned in to kiss her cheek.

She finally looked up from her phone, looking at Roman with a small blush. "Okay, okay. Go get the water ready, Puppy." She giggled. "No, you go get the water ready, I always do it." Roman nudged her, pouting. "Fine." Hei stood and stretched before jumping at the sudden rough smack to her bottom. "Ow! Roman!" She hissed, earning a laugh from him. Hei shook her head and headed to the bathroom to adjust the temperature of the water.

Roman found some pjs for him and Hei, getting their underwear and other things before coming back to the bathroom, closing the door behind him. "Hei.. you know I still wanna hear more, right? About you?" He asked, watching as she removed her clothes. "Yeah." Hei meekly replied. "You don't have to be scared.. whatever happens in this bathroom, stays in this bathroom. You can trust me." Roman told her. "I know that, that's not what I'm worried about, Ro.." Hei turned to him, but didn't look at his face. Roman's brows furrowed and he removed his own clothes, stepping forward and taking Hei's hand. "What's wrong, Hei? Talk to me, Babygirl." He whispered.

Hei, still looking away, shook her head. "I'm not a goddess. I just so happened to be blessed by one of my ancestors.. this whole kitsune thing is more of an inconvenience than anything else." She spoke quietly. Roman knew how that felt. When he found out he was a werewolf as an early teen, he handled it really badly.

It was hard for him to grow up and get used to that side of himself. He had wanted nothing more than to be a normal human, but now he absolutely loved being a werewolf. "I know what you mean, Hei.." Roman whispered, taking her into the shower and bringing her into a hug. "I.. didn't handle my adolescence very well. I hated being a werewolf. To the point where I refused to leave my room." He told her, lightly swaying her back and forth. "But eventually.. you're gonna have to accept it. There's no way for you to just make it go away by hiding it. Here, look at it this way." He let her go and tilted her chin to look at him.

"You are literally one of a kind. There's no one else out there like you. So make the most of it." He smiled, finally earning a small smile out of Hei. She rubbed his chest, leaning up to kiss him. "Thank you, Roman. You're a sweetheart." She grinned. Roman kissed her cheek, blowing a raspberry, which earned a laugh out of Hei.

They washed up, washed each other's hair, and finished their shower. Once they dressed in their pjs, they just relaxed on the couch together. Hei sighed and smiled, closing her eyes as she laid on Roman's chest. "You know.. Working for you is probably the best decision I've ever made." She whispered. Roman smiled as well, leaning down to kiss her forehead. "Me deciding to try your cafe for the first time is the best decision I've ever made." He replied.

They sat in silence for about a minute, actually dozing off before they heard small footsteps. "Daddy!! Daddy, look outside!!" Hazel hurried down the stairs, a huge grin on her face. "Hm? Why are you up? What's going on outside, Babygirl?" Roman sleepily asked as Hazel hopped on his lap to peer out the window behind the couch. Hei and Roman turned.

The ground was covered in a thin layer of fluffy, white snow. The three gasped, their eyes wide with delight. "You all know what this means, right?" Hei asked, looking at Hazel and Roman.

"SNOW DAY!!" Hazel and Hei shouted in unison while Roman chuckled. "I was thinking moreso hot chocolate and cuddles with my boo." He leaned in and kissed Hei's cheek. She giggled and rubbed his chest. "We can do that after I pelt you with snowballs." They both heard a yawn and looked down to see Hazel fast asleep in Roman's lap. Roman smiled and grabbed a blanket, pulling Hei closer and getting comfy. The trio would all doze off together, warm and cozy, like a family should be.