𝙳𝚒𝚜𝚝𝚊𝚗𝚌𝚎

The next day, tensions in the house were

The next day, tensions in the house were.. a little awkward. Hei kept to herself, sitting around and staring out windows or burying her face in her phone.

She was currently sitting in the little windowsill/loveseat with her knees to her chest. She stared out the window as the rain pattered outside. The image of last night was still burned into her brain.

Hei buried her head in her knees and hugged her legs, basically in fetal position. Roman, who had just finished a workout session, noticed Hei's change in behavior. He entered the living room and watched her for a second before slowly making his way over. "Babygirl?" She seemed to flinch at the sound of his voice. Hei slowly turned to Roman, but looked down to avoid eye contact. He walked over and slowly sat next to her, knowing any sudden movements would startle her. "Can I tell you something?" Hei nodded. "I'm divorced." He looked to the ceiling and sighed. "She thought I would hurt her because I lost my shit when some asshole started flirting with her. So she left without a word.. got the divorce papers in the mail a week later." He admitted. Hei frowned. She had suddenly remembered being messaged by someone on a burner account, warning her about Roman's anger. Of course, Hei played it off as a troll. Now, she wasn't so sure..

Roman sighed again and continued. "I later found her with the same fucker, even though we were still legally married. She cheated on me with him." He rubbed his face and stared at his feet. "I'm not excusing my actions from last night. I just don't want history to repeat itself. But I completely understand if you don't want to work for me anymore." He glanced at her once more and stood, beginning to walk away. Hei watched for a second, blinking up at him. "Please.. don't go." Hei squeaked. Roman, his hands now in his tracksuit jacket pockets, stopped and turned to face her. "I... I miss you." Hei whimpered, her voice cracking slightly. His caring side kicked in and Roman immediately sat back down and brought her into his lap, where Hei broke down crying. She covered her face and sobbed into her hands. Roman had this.. conflicted look on his face as he hugged her and combed his fingers through her hair. "Hei.. what's wrong? Tell me, Baby.." He whispered against her forehead.

After about a minute or so of Hei sobbing uncontrollably, she finally calmed down enough to speak. She sat on Roman's lap, sniffling and laying her head on his chest. "I'm sorry, Hei... I physically cannot control myself during a full moon. I know I probably scarred you and I can't apologize enough.." Roman whispered, stroking her head. Hei looked up into his eyes. "It's okay.. I'll get used to it." She closed her eyes.

Lend me your voice
Let me see your face
Let me start to show you what I see
Bring me close
Let me feel the beat of your heart
The secret you bury
Lend me your voice
Anything you want to say, I'll be right here
I'll listen, so tell me
Open the door
Let me come and sit by the fire
Just let me come close to your heart

Roman's eyes slightly widened. That night in the pool.. that really was her. His face reddened when he felt her hand on his chest. "I'll be okay." Hei smiled. "Can I.. can I kiss you?" Roman suddenly asked, gently cupping her cheek. Hei blushed and gave a slight nod. Roman glanced down at her lips and slowly leaned in. He pressed his lips to hers in a soft and gentle kiss. Hei slightly deepened the kiss, which caused Roman to get a little heated. He nibbled at her lip and tilted his head, giving a slight groan as he rested his large hands on her hips. He growled and trailed one hand to her butt while the other slipped under her shirt. Hei broke the kiss, panting as she stared into his eyes needily. Roman chuckled, standing up with her. "As much as I'd love to fuckin' destroy you right now, I think it'd be best if we wait until this whole full moon shit is over. I can be a little too rough without intending to be." He pecked her forehead and set her down. "Why don't we go out today?" Hei asked. "Out? Like, where?" Roman tilted his head as he looked down at her. He found it amazing that she was actually a full grown adult but was still 4'8. She was just so tiny compared to his 6'3 self.