Braids

DAY 783

Jimin may not have a clock, but he doesn't need one to know it's probably three in the morning. He's exhausted, sure, but tonight's been pretty alright. He got a warm, cooked meal for the first time in lord knows how long, cleaned and took a warm shower, met new people, and now he's here. With her. Y/n.

He turns to look at her, the girl leaning against the wall of the watchtower and peering down at the zombies that pass through the trees. They're only the basic kind, nothing to be worried about. They're not interested in Jimin or Y/n. Even if they were, they have no where to go to get to them. They're too high up to be in danger of being chomped on. Jimin softly smiles. He's actually safe.

"You're pretty quiet for someone who hasn't spoken to people in ages," Y/n says.

"I'm not allowed to enjoy the nice night?" Jimin asks.

She brings her eyes back to him. "Seems like you're enjoying looking at me more." Shit, he got caught. She chuckles and stands, taking her bag before sauntering over. Then, she plops down in front of him, sitting crisscross and shooting him a smile. "I brought all my hair stuff."

He raises a brow, scanning her up and down. "You want me to braid your hair?"

"Way to stereotype, Park. I want to braid yours."

"Mine?" he asks in a high tone.

She confirms that with a nod. "I left a lot of hair on for a reason. Yours is thick enough to make good braids out of. Pleaaase?"

Ugh, she's too adorable to say no to. So he scoots a bit closer, resisting the urge to take her hand. "Alright, go ahead." She hums and opens her bag, pulling out a small, black rubber band. It's tiny - like really tiny. "Will that be too small?"

She pats the air with her hand to signal a no. Y/n comes closer, not stopping until their knees touch. "Okay, now come closer." Although nervous, he obeys. She smiles and brushes her fingers through the front section of his hair, brushing until she gets a segment she's happy with. "Oh, and can you hold this?" she asks, holding the black band. He takes it, watching her get to work on his hair.

He knows a decent amount about braiding. He had a girlfriend a few years ago who always braided her hair. Jimin was never a big fan of the hairstyle on himself - he's a guy so he never cared - but right now, it doesn't sound so bad. After all, her delicate fingers parting the small section into three even smaller sections is tingly, if that makes sense. His scalp feels euphoric, same with his brain. It's like little waves of pleasure are washing over his body.

She hums while braiding his hair, her eyes focused on what she's doing. "How'd you get into hair?" he asks, unable to bear the silence any longer.

"Ew, your breath stinks."

"So does yours." Her eyes flicker down to his long enough for him to see the amusement in her expression. Oh lord, she's attractive. No - no. He can't trust this attractive stranger no matter how gorgeous she is. Those pursed lips, focused eyes, beautiful bod- okay Jimin, enough. Stop being obsessive over someone you met less than a day ago. She's just braiding your hair. That's it.

Y/n smiles while tightening the style. "It was a hobby I took up when I was younger. My mom was a stylist, so I learned a thing or two from her. Now here I am, the barber of the group. Good news is, I know how to use scissors. Who knew that'd be such a nice skill to have."

He snickers. "Almost perfect for you. You get paid with extra food and snacks I'm sure."

"Oh no, Namjoon would never show bias because of our professions. Speaking of, what about you? You have any special skills you can share with us?"