The Locket

DAY 786

The exterior of the school provides calming scenery, but you're more focused on Jungkook. You glance at him and raise a single brow. "Are you okay? You've been cryptically staring at your stew for five minutes now," you say, crossing your right leg over your left one.

He peeps up and shrugs. "Thinking."

"No shit, I can see the smoke coming out of your ears." He shoots you a dirty look, then moves his eyes around the area. "Looking for someone?" you ask. He pats the air as a no, a habit he picked up from you. "You totally are. Let me guess - looking for Fiona to see if she has her cards?"

"Okay, playing cards at night is fun excuse you,"

"Ah, looks like I can still read your mind. Want me to go get her?"

"No need," a new female voice interrupts. A flash of black fills your vision, another weight being added to the table. And there Fiona sits, running a hand through her dark, thick locks.

You find yourself smiling. "Eavesdropping?"

"Good ears pry," she replies dismissively. "I heard something about cards?"

"Jungkook wants to play another game, what a surprise."

Jungkook shoots you a sour look you're quick to return. "Alright, I'll bite. On one condition though," Fiona replies with her classic blank expression. She's always been the best at poker for a reason.

"I'm a little scared to ask," Jungkook says.

Fiona finally lets her full lips turn up into a sly smile. She points behind her. "Newbie has to play."

You follow her finger and notice Jimin sitting by himself at one of the tables, drinking from his stew, almost as if scared to. Poor boy is like a deer in headlights. "Sure, I'll convince him," you say.

Jungkook gives you a head tilt. "He doesn't look like he wants to move."

"I'm convincing," you reply with a wink, hopping up and practically waltzing over to him.

Jimin glances up upon your arrival. "L/n."

"Park," you say, motioning to his hair. "Still haven't taken out the braid?"

"Oh I tried, but you did it so well that I think it's stuck permanently."

You snicker. "You flatter me. Now come on, we're playing cards and you're legally obliged to play."

He places his spoon in his stew and lets both his eyebrows shoot up. "Legally? I thought the Ranglers were the unofficial government, not this school."

"Well we have rules too. Rules are all newbies play cards whenever Fiona brings them out. You can refuse later down the line, but until we trust you, you have to play cards. Thems the rules."

He considers it for a moment, then chortles. "Alright, alright. Lead the way."

You bite back a squeal, waiting for him to grab his bowl and stand before guiding him to the next table. He sits across from you, Jungkook scooting over to make room. "Four adults, this should be interesting," Fiona says with a whistle, bringing out her deck of cards.

"I'm surprised Y/n's able to keep her eyes off Ves for two seconds," Jungkook says.

You give him a glare. "I put him to bed earlier, excuse you. I'm no irresponsible parent."