"Socialize"

DAY 795

Shit.

Jimin gulps, glancing around at the people he hasn't met. Well... fuck. He saunters over to the big pot where Katherine is cooking, humming ever so slightly. There's two others near her. A younger girl, probably the 'Sky' that Ves mentioned before, and another girl younger than Jimin but definitely an adult.

"I don't believe we've met," he says, doing a small nod. The three girls turn, Jimin shooting them a charming smile. For the first time in his life, the charming smile doesn't woo them. They simply blink. "Jimin." He desperately tries not to show his nervousness. He's sure he's failing. Failing miserably.

"Julia," the woman replies, Jimin shaking her hand.

"Did I scare you off immediately? Is it the weird smile?" he asks.

Julia chuckles and pats him on the shoulder, "Not yet, but I don't think we should take any chances. Sky, search him."

The young girl pokes his stomach harshly, Jimin groaning and wincing. "Was that... really necessary?" he asks with a huff.

"Very," the kid replies with a smile, stepping back by Katherine's side.

"Nice to know I'm welcomed," Jimin says. Julia offers him a smile and shakes him off. "Do I get to meet the others, or do I have to stick around here for now?"

"You can do either or. We're not doing anything important right now," she replies, helping Katherine with the cooking. Jimin stays back on the balls of his feet, his eyes casting over to the other kid. Sky. He furrows his brows, noting how she appears to be scanning over the environment. Ves said she's not like him. She didn't adapt as easily as Ves, but Jimin's not sure if that's entirely true based on the way she appears to be observant. Just because she's not great in combat doesn't mean she doesn't have her own skillset. Jimin's learned to never underestimate kids. Never.

He kneels, the girl turning to face him. "Wanna show me around the outskirts? I haven't really had much chance to explore yet. Assuming that's okay with the adults." Julia and Katherine don't voice any complaints, so he motions to Sky to make the decision. She narrows her eyes, but eventually nods and stalks off in the other direction.

Jimin follows, observing how she goes about her day. Even the basics such as her posture can be a clue. She seems a bit stiff, but her posture is far from slumping. Maybe a dancer like him? Or maybe she was forced to have good posture growing up. One of the two. She strides as she walks, taking short, controlled steps and keeping her weight center. Smart tactic. If someone bumps into her she'll have more control over her body. Jimin didn't even realize he does the same when he walks until he notes it in someone else.

"If this is a game to get me to like you more, it's failing pretty miserably. I doubt I'll ever like you," she says. Okay, ouch. Jimin's a bit hurt by a kid. A kid. Maybe that makes him pathetic or sensitive, but ouch.

"You know, we're gonna be living together for the foreseeable future, being a bitch to me is not in your best interest. Maybe the others, but not to me."

"Why?" she asks.

"Because I'm the only one here who has extended experience with the outside world. If you were smart, you'd either spend time befriending the right people, or try your best to befriend everyone. Maybe both, but focusing on the right people first is the best way to go."

"Is that what you're doing? Befriending Y/n and Jungkook and Namjoon? Even Fiona and Louis? Is that your game here?" Jimin would be lying if he said he wasn't impressed by her sharp words. They may sting a little, but it's a sign that this kid is actually a pretty useful asset.