Min Yoongi

Day 806

Jimin shoves the mag into his pistol, holstering it in the waistband of his pants. Y/n is by his side, and he has to fight the urge to hold her hand. Taehyung is leading the way, Fiona and Julia holding up the rear. They didn't want to bring anyone else out of fear of the school being left too undefended. Honestly, Jimin wanted this mission to be only him, Y/n, and Taehyung. Fiona insisted, and that led to Julia joining as well. So here they are. Strolling in the forest and waiting for zombies to pop out at them.

All of them have protection gear Fiona and Y/n made. Thick wraps around their feet, ankles, shoulders, and arms so no zombies can bite through them. They didn't have time to stick wrap onto their necks, so they'll just have to be careful and hope they don't get close enough to any zombies to have to worry about that. Jimin won't allow any zombies to get close. And he'll keep a close eye out for Deadbaits lingering around. They're rare in forests, but you never know.

His girlfriend is observing the trees, scanning for any signs of life or... lack thereof. Jimin, the damn leader of the group, decides it's a good idea to stare at his girlfriend's side profile rather than paying attention to the mission. So much for keeping a close eye out for Deadbaits, huh?

Fiona whacks his shoulder, and Jimin grunts but doesn't comment. Y/n shifts her gaze to them, Fiona snorting. "Your boyfriend was drooling over you," she says.

"No, I really wasn't. I was admiring you. There's a difference."

Y/n chuckles and takes his hand, his smile beaming out on his lips. Her chuckle turns into a laugh, and she kisses the back of his hand. "This is fucking disgusting," Julia says, Y/n flipping her off only to get the same gesture back.

"I miss Jungkook and his stupid leather jacket," Y/n says, coming a bit closer to Jimin. He's mentally telling himself not to get a boner over and over again, but he doubts it's working. "But his dumbass would probably slow this mission down by two hours."

"Just two? Damn, you're giving him a lot more credit than I thought you would," Julia replies.

"Juju, he's still my best friend. I have to be somewhat nice to him. He's saved my life, after all. I can't let that just pass by." Y/n pauses, her eyes on Taehyung. "Mr. Kim, I got my eyes on you. No funny business, okay?"

"Y/n, to be honest with you, none of you have to worry except Jimin. He's the only one here I'd want to see suffer."

"As morbid as that was, I'm kind of proud I have that reputation," Jimin says, grinning.

"I'm ignoring him now, we should be getting close enough that we can-"

"With a taste of your lips, I'm on a ride. You're toxic, I'm slipping under," a female voice echoes through the trees. It's so faint he can barely hear it, but it's enough to have them halting in their tracks. They keep quiet, hearing the faint beats reverberating across the forest.

"Close enough that we can hear the music," Tae says, continuing as if hearing Britney Spears isn't a holy event. Well, Jimin's mostly joking about that. What he means is that music is extraordinarily rare nowadays. Not only does noise draw zombies (duh), but it's hard to find anymore. "He uses the speakers to lure the zombies into one of the fields, then he lives out at another one, safe and sound."

"Don't Behemoths come?" Jimin asks as they keep going, instinctively resting his free hand on the butt of his pistol.

"Nothing they can do about it if they do. The speakers are everywhere, not just in one place. It'd be extremely difficult to knock them all down. They're high up too, and there's a couple speakers in the press box too. That'd take a couple Behemoths to take down. They're tournament fields, not exactly the average fields. Better supplies and more spacious. Good news is, if you've been missing hot dogs from a baseball game, now's your chance to get them from the food stand."