Immunity and GSWs

DAY 804

Ves traces his finger down the scar on his wrist: the zombie bite. Jungkook watches each second, gulping down his nerves. Out of fear, even days after it had happened, they kept him locked up and didn't treat the bite. Now it was on Jungkook to do that. And he attempts to, approaching the young kid and offering him his hand. Ves glances up, taking Jungkook's outstretched hand and allowing him to guide the younger of the two to the nurse's office.

They enter, Jungkook motioning for Ves to sit. He does, Jungkook grabbing the supplies he needs before coming over to Ves. The kid blinks as if none of this is happening, Jungkook sighing and staring at the wound. He shuts his eyes, trying not to see the woman he failed. Even basic injuries has his head spinning, but he needs to pull through. Surgeries he can leave to Katherine, but not this.

Jungkook opens his eyes and applies disinfectant, noticing how it doesn't appear infected in the first place. After, he wraps it, Ves remaining silent. Jungkook doesn't question the kid's reluctance to speak to dear Uncle Kook. Mostly because he understands. Ves must have a million things on his mind right now. And of course, most prominently, he's thinking one thing.

How in the living fuck is Ves immune?

Even Jimin said he's never seen that before. Park motherfucking Jimin. The king of outside experience, and he hasn't seen that before. When Y/n told Ves he's special, fucking hell, she wasn't lying. But that's not necessarily a good thing. Jungkook sees it as one, but Ves's furrowed brows and frowned lips tell a different tale.

"If I asked what was on your mind, and I promised not to tell your mom and dad, would you tell me?" Jungkook asks, continuing to wrap the bandage, making sure not to go too tight.

"Sneak me an extra bag of chips from the snack room."

"Greedy little shit."

"Is that a yes or a no?"

Jungkook considers his options, then, he sighs and gives in. "Fine, but only one. No more, no less. What do you say? Deal?"

Ves agrees, Jungkook finishing off the bandage and backing away to clean up what he took out. It's nice that he's able to do basic medical procedures again. He wonders if he'll ever be able to look at blood again. Speaking of medicine and blood, Jungkook notices their antibiotics are seeming slim. No penicillin, which is a death sentence anymore.

"There's not much on my mind, I think that's the scariest part."

"Can't disagree with that."

"Hey Uncle Kook?" He hums, checking up on their stock while they speak. "How would you treat a gunshot wound?"

Jungkook freezes for a moment, letting out a breath. The memory taps on the wrinkles of his mind, slivering its way around his thoughts. But he forces it away to instead rifle through the rest of the few antibiotics they have. "Depends on the severity. If it's something like a thigh shot or stomach, there's a lot of blood there, so it takes a while to patch up. Then stomach shots have the added joy of risking tearing the stomach lining, in that case, that's a big oopsie and a pain to clean up."

"But in general, any wound."

He comes over, taking Ves's arm and poking his nail against it. "Well, when a bullet hits a person, the tissue on their skin is completely crushed. So fixing it means more than just stopping the bleeding and bandaging. You have to determine if there's an entrance and exit wound. Locate both. The problem with gunshots is that there's so much that goes into it, not every case is the same. Sometimes the bullet will come into contact with a bone and fragment. Sometimes there's no exit wound, and those fragments are still inside. And of course, it varies based on the gun actually shot. The caliber of the bullet is a huge part of it too."