Wrath

Day 851

The sunrise didn't bring any consolation, and neither did the groans of zombies sounding off from outside. But this is your fault. You came up with the shitty plan to ram trucks into the front gates and release a bunch of zombies, likely killing many innocent people. And worst of all, you know for sure one innocent life was taken all because of your plan. All because of you.

Jeon Jungkook.

The sun peeking in through the one window is low thanks to the curtains Yoongi must have put there in his time hiding here. You're on the hard wooden ground, not caring if the mattress Yoongi left behind is more comfortable. You're fine with keeping your hands tucked under your head, your irises swelling from the light hitting them. You don't have the strength to get into a sitting position, so even though you know Jimin's been up for longer than you, you keep yourself still.

As expected, you barely slept. You only passed out when you were done crying. Your sobs became dry heaps, your tears nothing more but sounds. Now, you have the urge to cry again, but at the same time, you don't. It's like a cruel game of cat and mouse. You're dodging your emotions as best you can, but they're the cat pouncing out at you and forcing you to think on your feet.

Jimin and you both couldn't sleep. You're sure he got less than you since you were the one who sobbed yourself to sleep. Jimin probably cried after you fell asleep. He was busy holding you and being as strong as he could. You appreciate that. Jungkook was Jimin's friend too. But that's not the only thing on your minds. Since you're separated from the others and away from the school, that fear creeps into your thoughts too. It's tearing you apart slowly but surely, and that's what finally gives you the motivation to stretch.

Jimin notices you and turns, you getting into a sitting position. Your vision goes fuzzy for a moment, your head feeling light. That's likely a combination of your incoming headache and how fast you sat up. Jimin comes a bit closer and sits with his legs crossed, his hands resting on his knees. The two of you remain quiet, unsure of who should break the silence first. He decides to break it, sighing before he does so.

"Now since it's morning, the Howlers are gone. Hopefully a lot of the zombies too," he says, a small crack in his voice. His eyes have bags under them probably as large as yours, his hair tossed up in eight different directions, and his plump lips chapped beyond belief. Despite that, you come over and kiss him. He jumps at the contact, then eases into it and kisses back, rubbing the back of your neck to comfort you.

Right now, you need an escape from reality. Anything to get your mind off of what just happened. In a way, you're still in shock. You're wearing Jungkook's leather jacket, not caring about the blood on it, but it feels like its not a jacket. It feels like his arms. And that delusion is the only thing that's keeping you from breaking down into a fit of sobs again.

The pain isn't something you can describe. It's beyond heartbreaking. It's soul-breaking. It's like the will to keep going has left you, but Jimin being here is like a manifestation of your survival instincts. He's the only thing that you're still alive for. If you were alone in that moment you saw Jungkook, you would've just stopped and let the zombies kill you so you could be with him forever.

All the memories of your childhood come rushing back, and the tears do too, but you snap back to reality. You pull back from the kiss and stare into his eyes, resting your hand on his stained cheek. Dried blood is smeared there, his hair covering most of his forehead and some of his eyes too. You brush it back, him leaning into your touch without a word.

"We should probably go," you whisper, and he kisses the back of your hand before agreeing.

He's about to stand, then, he leans forward and brings you close to him, kissing your forehead in the process. After he parts from you, he rubs your cheeks with his eyes crinkled with despair. "I'm so sorry."